Kevin...bump On His Back Leg

I don't know how well this is going to show up, but I found this on Kevin's back leg this afternoon. It's about the size of a quarter, raised and reddish but doesn't feel warm like there is any infection going on. He's not messing with it but he doesn't like me messing with it. Bug/spider bite, maybe? Worrisome or not?

100_0363-1.jpg

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest Energy11

I don't know how well this is going to show up, but I found this on Kevin's back leg this afternoon. It's about the size of a quarter, raised and reddish but doesn't feel warm like there is any infection going on. He's not messing with it but he doesn't like me messing with it. Bug/spider bite, maybe? Worrisome or not?

100_0363-1.jpg

Hummm ... looks like it could be a bite, especially it is new. Might want to give it a day or two, to see if it clears up. If he is scratching or biting at it, you can give him Benedrly (regular not allergy sinus), 50 mg, every four to six hours. You can also try putting some antibacterial ointment on it, and covering, as well. Good Luck!

I'd probably keep an eye on it and see if it grows, shrinks, stays the same, etc. Growing/looking weird, then I'd want the vet to look.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest IrskasMom

My Morty had a Bump on his left Thigh ( meaty Area ) and the Vet took a Biopsy and it was determined to be a Mast Cell Tumor and immediatly removed. I would have it checked out.

It's a little redder today but no bigger. I've been looking and poking at it all day and it doesn't seem to hurt him at all. It's a little weepy so I think I'll run him up to the vet tomorrow just to make sure. I'll let you know what I find out.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)