E-Vet Blood Results

When we took Redley, the recently lost/foudn greyhound, at the emergency vet blood work was done. I had not met this vet before, or should I say, he hadn't met me with my knowledge of greyhound values. :lol

When he said her platelets were low I told him they were normal for greyhounds. I asked if he had many greyhounds at his practice. Answer, nope.

The E-vet clinic is co-owned and staffed by several area vets and they rotate call. Fortunately he didn't want to go overboard with xrays. It cost $93 just to walk in the door at 6pm when they opened.

Anyway, he attributed her rear leg limping more to torn pads than broken bones.

Redley's owner said she's walking gingerly, but at least walking and following her in the house. I'll be going over later for a visit.

Anyway, here's her basic blood results (with Dr Stack's gh normal levels). Do these levels warrant a re-check in the next week?

WBC 10.5 gh normal 3.5-6.5

HCT 50.2 gh normal 55-65

PLT 125 e-vet said this was low but I told him gh normal is 80,000-200,000

TP 6.5 gh normal 4.5-6.2

She's on antibiotics for her torn pads, had one injection of a pain med, and is now on rimadyl.

Editing to add I've printed Dr Stack's info from her site to give the owner. Fortunately her regular vet is my vet.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

When we took Redley, the recently lost/foudn greyhound, at the emergency vet blood work was done. I had not met this vet before, or should I say, he hadn't met me with my knowledge of greyhound values. lol.gif

When he said her platelets were low I told him they were normal for greyhounds. I asked if he had many greyhounds at his practice. Answer, nope.

The E-vet clinic is co-owned and staffed by several area vets and they rotate call. Fortunately he didn't want to go overboard with xrays. It cost $93 just to walk in the door at 6pm when they opened.

Anyway, he attributed her rear leg limping more to torn pads than broken bones.

Redley's owner said she's walking gingerly, but at least walking and following her in the house. I'll be going over later for a visit.

Anyway, here's her basic blood results (with Dr Stack's gh normal levels). Do these levels warrant a re-check in the next week?

WBC 10.5 gh normal 3.5-6.5

HCT 50.2 gh normal 55-65

PLT 125 e-vet said this was low but I told him gh normal is 80,000-200,000

TP 6.5 gh normal 4.5-6.2

She's on antibiotics for her torn pads, had one injection of a pain med, and is now on rimadyl.

Editing to add I've printed Dr Stack's info from her site to give the owner. Fortunately her regular vet is my vet.

Based on these values, I surely wouldn't be concerned. I think they are fine, baring any weird or strange symptoms that might crop up. I think it would be good for ALL of us to carry around the normal GH blood values, in case we have to go to Evets! Our new one here, is the same ... staffed by vets in the area...NOT a lot of Greys up this way!

Good Luck!

Looks fine to me-- white count is alittle high but, that would be from the infection.

DITTO, I hope her pads feel better... Please give us a update after your visit... These E-VETS that have not been around other greys just don't understand...

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter