Tuna Is Down, Won't Get Up

I'm so sorry you are in this position ~ thank goodness you came home when you did

I'm glad for Tuna, that you are there at the time she needs you most.

She knows she is loved!

:candle

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luckydog

PhillyPups, thanks for the talk.

I called 5blackgreys who suggested I call Delaware Pet Cremations who can send out a vet to my home, have Tuna put down, then she will go off to be cremated. Going to spend a few moments with her to try one last time if she will get up before I make that call.

Thank you, one and all.

I'm at work right now (NE Philly) but will be leaving in a few minutes for home in Delaware county. I'll be home by 8pm. If yI can be down in Wilmington in 20 minutes, if you need someone there.

I made a call to Rob at Delaware Pet Cremations. He is going to try and contact a mobile vet in the area and have her call me. If that does not work out, will figure out something else. I would rather have a vet come here at this point.

I see now that you have some help, thank goodness.

Plan B: The University of Pennsylvania Veterinary School in Philly has a 24/7 emergency line, they might be of assistance:

Hugs,

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm sorry you are going through this alone. :grouphug Having a vet come would be what I would want at this point too. I hope and pray this works.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

With you and Tuna in spirit.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

grouphug.gifcandle.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so so sorry you had to go through this. I hope you managed OK, both physically and emotionally, and that Tuna is at peace now, one way or another. :bighug

It happened to me with Jack, at about midnight one snowy night. Luckily DH was with me, but he was panicking because Jack wasn't a dog you could just lift, he was such a spook, poor little guy. My vet couldn't get through the snow, took two hours to find someone who'd see him. We finally got him in the car using a blanket as a stretcher - it's a good tip for an emergency, but you need two people. Since I'd had my shoulder repair only a short while earlier, I couldn't do much but I found the strength that night. We literally dragged him to the front door on that blanket. :(

Greytalk people are fine people, aren't they?

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Energy11
<br />For God sakes, I am so sorry for the spot you're in. I wish there was somethinI wopuldldldldldldldldldldldlg I could do<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Guest Energy11

grouphug.gif thinking of you at this difficult time

Sorry I have to "ride on the coat tails of another poster," but my regular computer is down and in the shop. This laptop is OLD, and not the best... I can only post by replying with someone else's post.

Just wanted to send my love, and lots of prayers to Dear Tuna and her Mommy, and let them know, we here on the mountain, are thinking of them, and praying ... Dee and The Five!

Guest TeddysMom

I'm so sorry that you had to face this alone but you really are in my thoughts and prayers. I don't cry often but this time I have, your pain, fear and love for Tuna came through your messages and right into my heart. :brokenheart The folks here are wonderful, thanks for being there for each other. :candle:hope

Guest FreddyGirl

Oh Sarah, I wish I were closer to be with you. Know that I am praying for you and dear Tuna. Sending you all my support. Know that I am here thinking of you.

Nancy

My heart aches for you....I was in the same situation when Molly went down but I had help....thinking of you and Tuna....take care

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Dusty had LS and had a similar thing happen to him several months ago. I thought it was the end but the vet said to give him pred (which I had in the house) and wait a few days. He got a tiny bit better every day until he was back where he was before the episode. He didn't even stand or try to get up for 1 1/2 days. I hope Tuna has a similar outcome. Praying for you!