Rocky, My Sweet Bubby

Guest KennelMom

Guest KennelMom

When I think of words to describe Rocky, only one comes to mind: love. That dog loved with his whole heart. He loved life. He loved people. He loved other dogs. He loved to eat poop. He loved everything. I am so thankful to have loved and been loved by him. From the time I first saw his name on greyhound-data and told Ken "I want that dog when he retires" to yesterday morning when I thanked him for being such a great dog and sharing his life with us, Rocky brought nothing but pure, unadulterated love to our lives.

Let your love flow outward through the universe,

To its height, its depth, its broad extent,

A limitless love, without hatred or enmity.

Then as you stand or walk,

Sit or lie down,

As long as you are awake,

Strive for this with a one-pointed mind;

Your life will bring heaven to earth.

Sutta Nipata

I posted a video in health and medical of Rocky walking in pain. But this is how I remember my Rocky. One of his favorite things to do was to go to the kennel building with me. He loved to spend time down there, gnawing bones or practicing agility or just hanging out.

Rocky shortly after coming home from the track...

3124452909_43d8f43b22.jpg

With his dad, Grandpa

3084585493_c359f6ff47.jpg

With his sister, Echo

4059274372_3df20b022a.jpg

Helping to GUR Phillypups Donniedude

3229219110_e19008ef62.jpg

He loved walks

3343503249_bd8389075c.jpg

And lure coursing

2385238094_c2f9dc98eb.jpg

He slept by my side of the bed every single night from the time he came home. He didn't mind sharing his bed, as long as he could be as close to me as possible

4629168130_707130cbb6.jpg

I'm sorry we couldn't fix you, bubby. I miss you so much...I pray one day we meet again, in this life or the next

3998090762_74b767e047.jpg

Edited by KennelMom

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With LOVE comes pain. Its the price we pay. And so well worth every minute for what Rocky gave you. The love of a dog awakens the soul...

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Heather, I am so very sorry for your loss of a part of your heart. Rocky what an awesome being. I think he was so full of love he passed some on to DonnieDude on the ride.

Run with the angels Handsome Sweet Loving Rocky, you are with the very very best. ~

Oh, Heather.....I'm so sorry that Rocky's diagnosis wasn't something fixable. :cry1

How lucky you were to have such a loving boy...and he, lucky to have such a loving mama.

Godspeed, Sweet Rocky. :gh_run2

Guest fandogs

Running free, with no pain.. and keeping an eye on everyone.. especially you!

Loving our special hounds is a gift for us. Their love in return is priceless. Enjoy your wonderful memories, he will never be forgotten.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

A beautiful tribute to your boy Rocky :heart

I'm so sorry for your loss and know you all would have done anything to fix your boy.

Oh, Heather, I am so sorry for your loss.

Beautiful Rocky was far too young. :(

Godspeed, sweet boy.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Oh no. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. Much too young. My hear hurts with and for you.cry1.gifcry1.gif

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project