Okay, Seriously?

Guest bigorangedog

Guest bigorangedog

As the day goes on, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that it's osteo. Just based on the type of pain that he seems to be in, and the location. If he spread-eagled on Sunday, I would likely be seeing pain in other places as well, and I'm not. No bruising, no scrapes. But when he stands, he positions himself in such a way as to get most of his weight off that leg. It is clearly pain in his shoulder. Sometimes I can get a pain response to a point around his proximal humerus, but I can't always seem to find the spot. And it does not seem to be better today than yesterday; worse if anything. I am betting dollars to donuts that it is osteo. We see the vet at 2pm tomorrow. I am just sick to my stomach about the whole thing. This is a SWEET sweet boy. I love him already, and I've only had him 24 hours. He doesn't deserve this. And I really don't want to have to make this decision AGAIN for a dog I barely know, for the 3rd time in 9 months. As my 5th grade nephew would say, this sucks donkey butt.

Here's a pic from his foster home. Haven't uploaded any of mine yet.

40627_1558169598293_1356854068_2280662_138304_n.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, I am so sorry about Apollo sad.gifgrouphug.gif

If this new boy does indeed have *it*, I can only assume that someone up above has sent him your way because they know you are one of the best for being able to offer whatever is necessary for a dog in that situtation. Much better he is with you than with someone who wouldn't give a *bleeep* and wouldn't take proper care of him. It's terribly hard for you but the best thing for the houndy. All that said, I hope your feelings are wrong and that Eyore has something much more simple grouphug.gif

Thank you, this is what I was trying to articulate. This boy has found *you* for a reason. A brindle Eeyore. I love him too. grouphug.gif for you both, and candle.gif , hoping for the best tomorrow.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry about Apollo.

And I'm sorry you're having this worry about Eeyore.

But I'm very glad Eeyore found you.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

i sure hope you are wrong. thanks for taking all of these sweet seniors, jen. you are doing great work. our thoughts are with you and eeyore. he's gorgeous.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest greymama002

Many prayers and good thoughts that you won't have to face this monster again, but if it really is true, sweet Eyore has found his way to the best possible loving family to care for him.

Guest zoolaine

Firstly, I am so sorry about Apollo :(:grouphug

If this new boy does indeed have *it*, I can only assume that someone up above has sent him your way because they know you are one of the best for being able to offer whatever is necessary for a dog in that situtation. Much better he is with you than with someone who wouldn't give a *bleeep* and wouldn't take proper care of him. It's terribly hard for you but the best thing for the houndy. All that said, I hope your feelings are wrong and that Eyore has something much more simple :grouphug

My thoughts exactly, if it is osteo then this boy was sent to you because he needs YOU. And I'm very sorry about Apollo :grouphug

He is so handsome. I am going to wish very hard that it isn't osteo.

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

Will be anxiously awaiting an update after you get home from the vet tomorrow. Wishing, hoping, and praying that it's NOT osteo...maybe it's dislocated (when Sutra was dislocated, he acted like you describe). Can you "crunch up" his leg (fully bend elbow and wrist)? Can you do other ROM exercises with him without pain?

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest bigorangedog

Will be anxiously awaiting an update after you get home from the vet tomorrow. Wishing, hoping, and praying that it's NOT osteo...maybe it's dislocated (when Sutra was dislocated, he acted like you describe). Can you "crunch up" his leg (fully bend elbow and wrist)? Can you do other ROM exercises with him without pain?

Sadly, yes I can. His range of motion is fine, in his elbow and wrist and toes. The only pain response I have been able to get is over his proximal humerus. :(

I will update after vet tomorrow. sigh. C'mon, universe, cut this poor guy a break. Please???

I am so sorry to hear about Apollo.

You are probably an expert on seeing Osteo in a grey, but I hope you are wrong about Eyore. He came to you for a reason and, hopefully, it is not to overcome or succumb to the big "C".

Sending many good thoughts and hugs your way....no way does anyone deserve this sort of a hand to be dealt to them!!!!!!!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

God loves his animals. He saved them from the flood too! He sees your love. You are storing up great treasures in heaven. Perhaps that is your mission- to care and love His special ones in extra need. I am praying for you and Eyore. He is a good God so I know everything will be OK because He turns evil (even cancer) to good. God Bless you and yours!

Guest bigorangedog

No update, only that I am dreading this vet appointment and my stomach is in my knees. But here are some pics of this most adorable boy ever.

40234_1481739317723_1061032718_31343562_7887994_n.jpg

40234_1481739197720_1061032718_31343559_1565447_n.jpg

40234_1481739357724_1061032718_31343563_2997695_n.jpg

40194_1481740837761_1061032718_31343567_3689889_a.jpg

He's a beautiful boy. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. :hope :hope :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest eaglflyt

So hoping that this isn't what you fear. Praying today. Will be gone most of the day, but will keep praying for a good update and clear x-ray when I get home. :grouphug