Silk Kitteh

Remolacha

My old man has been day to day for several weeks now, and today was the day :( He was diagnosed with that bane of old cats, kidney disease, a little over two years ago, plus he had some kitty Alzheimer's, but he had been doing well until recently.

He has been with me for 15 years, a beautiful black cat with fine, soft, silky fur and intense green eyes. When I was looking for a cat, I went to a no-kill shelter that had a cat room with cats wandering around. He came up to me, stood up and put his front paws on my legs, and said "pick me! pick me!" So, of course I did :) He was very vocal and we have had many conversations over the years. He loved other cats, the dogs not so much, but he tolerated them. I will miss him so much :brokenheart

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry... I know what it means to be picked by a cat in that way. The hole they leave behind in home and heart is completely out of proportion to their physical size, isn't it... bless and heal and run like a kitten at the Bridge silky black boy

Guest tricolorhounds

:grouphug I'm sorry. Our Simba is 15+ and is having kidney issues too. It's only a matter of time.

I'm sure there is plenty of catnip awaiting Silk Kitteh's arrival.

I am so sorry about Silk Kitteh. Godspeed.flowers_red.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Silk Kitteh.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My first kitteh was very vocal - I believe she was fluent in many languages. tongue.gif It's the thing I miss the most about her. Godspeed Silk! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest BlueCrab

Talking with your kittehs is one of the most charming things about having cats. All of mine are very deft at holding conversations. God speed Silk.

How blessed you were that he chose you! To have 15 years together brings a love so deep, but makes the loss that much more difficult to bear.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious kitty.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown