Vinny's Rear Right Leg Is Lame.... I Am Scared.

Guest FrostyBottoms

Guest FrostyBottoms

We moved Vinny's crate downstairs and he has been resting comfortably....I guess the drugs are working....no results yet on the TBD panel.

DSCN6468.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytloves

I hear ya. Going thru the same thing with my Lucy right now. It is so freaking scary. I hope he has just hurt himself. One thing I learned, check his feet for corns!

Thinking of Big Vin and I hope it's nothing serious. He IS a big boy, maybe he just slept funny or his hip is out of joint? Sutra's tailbone gets off kilter and the chiro has to adjust it for him :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest FrostyBottoms

I called Vinny's regular vet that he sees (he was at the other office yesterday and I figured anyone could draw blood) he told me if Vinny isn't limping as bad, which he is not this afternoon, that I need to cut back the meds to once a day instead of twice a day. He doesn't think Vinny's TBD will come back positive because Vinny isn't acting like he is walking on "hot coals" He thinks Vinny pulled a muscle and it should start to feel better the next few days. He said if Vinny needs a recheck, he wants to see him. I love Dr. Adam.

Your vet sounds really nice. Let's hope he is right and it's just a pulled muscle. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Vinny :kiss2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FrostyBottoms

The vet called to tell me the lab has to run Vinny's TBD panel again...when she asked why, no one at the lab could tell her why. Anyway, she said she should have the results tomorrow. Thank you for all the well wishes....Big Vinny is still doing well so your good thoughts & prayers are working!

Vinny, honey, you just get better, ok? Everyone is very worried about you! Will keep saying prayers for healing for comfort.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh no :( Poor Vinny :cry1

So... what's the next step? What did the vet say?

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Was that a titer test? Has he ever had a Lyme vaccine? Has the leg been x-rayed yet?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I had a dog with Lyme. I will say that he never fully got over it, but I will also say that he lived to old age (12, which is positively ancient for a great dane), and was not affected for the most part.

I'm very happy that it's Lyme and not O. :)

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest FrostyBottoms

Was that a titer test? Has he ever had a Lyme vaccine? Has the leg been x-rayed yet?

It was a panel...no x-ray because she was totally pressing on the bone and didn't feel it was the bone.

Unless you know he has never been vaccinated for Lyme, I would make sure that the panel used was something like the IDEXX Lyme Quant C6, which tests for an antibody that doesn't cross-react with the vaccine-produced antibody. AFAIK some of the Lyme tests still in use don't distinguish, and the vaccine-produced antibody can last for years. Hugs and best luck with the Big V guy!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.