Symptoms Of Uti -Updated- <Spleen Removed> 8/10

Guest fastdogs

Though definitely major surgery, you would be surprised how fast dogs can bounce back from this. Wow, though! What a shocker of a vet visit that must have been. All the best to Bandit. X'ing digits for negative biopsy results.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fastdogs

Morning update was good. Bandit had a good night and was alert and lying down, not on his side, but sternally(sp?). Today they will try to get a tiny bit of food & water in him and see how he reacts. Everything is still progressing well.

Edited by fastdogs

Wonderful news...hope he continues to recover.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest fastdogs

Latest update is great. Bandit is eating without issues, peeing and pooping. If things continue like this, I'll be picking him up after work tomorrow. :yay

Latest update is great. Bandit is eating without issues, peeing and pooping. If things continue like this, I'll be picking him up after work tomorrow. :yay

Good news!!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thank Dog! Bandit has been on my mind all day today! So glad to hear he's doing so well!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest fastdogs

Ok he's home. He looks tired, but otherwise pretty good. His incision is pretty big and there's lots of staples. He has an infection which we are treating, so it's time for rest and a little TLC.

We are glad to have him home and he seems happy to be with his peeps.

Guest fastdogs

He got a good night's sleep and is appears to be feeling a bit better this morning. He is back to mooching for treats, so that's good. He's taking his meds without any issues. He's a bit wobbly when coming up the steps, but he's never been totally comfortable with them.

Overall, things are progressing pretty good.

Thanks for all of the concern and well wishes.