Dreams

RileysLegacy

Do you guys have dreams about your dogs that are gone? Do you find that they make you feel better, or worse?

Lately I've been having dreams about Riley, and in every one he is alive and I know he's sick, but I am able to find a way to save him. When I wake up and realize he's not here, it feels like he died all over again. It's awful, and I'm a mess for the whole rest of the day. I want to be able to look at these dreams as a positive, to be happy that I get to "see" him again, but it doesn't feel that way at all.

I'm wondering if this happens to others, and how do you deal?

:grouphug sorry you are hurting missing your precious Riley.

Always wanted to feel close to my Tess again in dreams while asleep. Sadly never have been able to...

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

{{{{{{{{{{Lucy}}}}}}}}}} I haven't dreamt of mine. I'm sorry the dreams leave you feeling so sad.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ss556

Riley died exactly one year after Alan. I haven't had many dreams, but when I did soon after his passing, they were upsetting to me. But the last dream I had, not that long ago, I felt happy, happy to "see" him again. It takes time, a lot of time. Hugs:)

Teddy died 2 years ago but I have not had one dream about him yet.

Charlie died 3 years ago and I've had a few dreams about him, although none for a while, but none were happy: they were all along the lines of I'd lost him and couldn't find him and I always woke feeling very panicky and upset.

So you're not alone :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest how888

Nike and Riley went to the bridge together and I have thought of you so often.. I have been praying so hard for him to come thru in a dream.. I have always believed in signs and symbols so I know Nike will one day come through in my dream... I miss him so much I can hardly come on here anymore. My heart has been shattered into a million tears.. I am always so happy to hear when someone has a dream about their loved ones.. Hang in there Lucy, we just need to take it one day at a time.. We have so much support on here.. I love my greytalk family..

Guest EmbersDad

ember hasnt visited in a dream, least one i can remember, but she was around when i moved to NH. i know she came to check out the place, i would see her out of the corner of my eye, and a couple times i felt a dog next to me and i would reach down to pet it and noone was around. jed HAS visited in a dream. it was all dark, then jed was there, he let me love on him, then jumped up and put his paws on my shoulders and kissed my face like he used to do..then he was gone. it was like he came trough for a brief minute and then had to leave.

Guest jerrybird

Still waiting for a dream after so many years. I did dream of an old Giant Schnauzer though. He was a great guardian and appeared to be standing watch over me at a tough time.

When I lost Topaz 11 yrs ago. I had one dream about her.

When I lost Brindle 9 yrs ago, I had a lot of dreams about her and in all of them I had forgotten that she died. So I didn't treat her any different than I had when she was alive.

I finally had a dream where I remembered she was gone and gave her a huge hug and told her how much I missed her. That was my last dream of Brindle.

I haven't had any dreams of Pearl and Diamond. And I wish I would.

:grouphug

No dreams no nodda.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Mom2Shiloh

For years after Harley died I had frequent dreams; they were the kind of Very Real dreams where when you wake up, it takes you a while to realize that you have been dreaming and are now awake again -- kind of like you're caught up in the spider web of the dream.... :( Most of the dreams, Harley wasn't dead -- he was lost, and I had let him get lost and I was searching for him high and low. When I woke up I wanted to go and find him, and then slowly I realized it was a dream and I couldn't find him. To be honest, I still cry writing that. I miss him so much.

More recently, I have not dreamed of him... this coming Sunday is the 8 year anniversary of his death and most of the time I remember him with -- gratitude. He was such a very very good and beautiful boy and he changed my life so completely. And I do feel, no I Know with all my heart that he and Joanna, his sidekick, watch over me. I know that my little Staghound was very specifically sent to me by those two and that they're still in contact... but no more dreams. I would like a happy dream...

Hi Lucy,

the same is happening to me. From time to time I dream with my beloved Ivy or Soldi...in the dreams they are

just fine and happy...when I wake up realizing that they passed away, I even feel more miserable.

I can't get over their loss and since Soldi left I have had permanent stomach troubles and depression...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Guest mcsheltie

I have had dreams and the same feelings you are having. One in particular was Maynard. He was my heart kitty. The dreams I had were good, but I would wake up so depressed that he wasn't really there. One night I had a dream, I can't remember details any more, but he was speaking to me. I woke up with a greatest sense of well being and the black cloud I felt I had been under was gone.

I have dreams like that about my parents who both passed away from cancer. They are always ill in the dreams and in a lot of pain. I am never able to do anything to save them. When I wake up, I am left feeling helpless that the situation was out of my control. Very similar to the way I felt in real life before they died.

It's a good thing, at least, you are able to save Riley in your dreams. I think it shows that you realize you did what was best for him. You did save him, Lucy. :)

Jenn

gallery_3252_2927_10878.jpg

Guest Heehoo

Yes, I've had many dreams after each dog left. Sometimes I feel bad when I wake up, but usually I feel okay. The only one I have not had a dream about is Halo. I think because his death was so terrible un-expected, I feel like I'm still in a denial stage. I don't like to discuss his death. :beatheart

Guest lynne893

I had those dreams about my dad after he died. They are horribly difficult.

I am so sorry for your loss. Time will not make the hurt go away completely, but it will become easier. I am so sorry. We're here for you.

Guest fandogs

I only wish that I had had some dreams where my Rhoda came back to say hello.. or good bye. But she never did.

I will say that it sounds like most of the dreams that upset you (and others) are recurring dreams and they eventually lead to closure. As painful as they are, they will help you down the road.

Sorry for your pain/sadness.

Guest Mollysmom10

Molly left us 17 days ago and I've had many dreams about her. They're usually good dreams, she's just hanging out w/ us, or running around doing her funny things. In my dreams though, she has a good leg and she's very active. I found this site and have been looking at all the photos of the beautiful greyhounds, usually before I go to sleep, which probably get my dreams going! Anyway, watching some of the video clips make me laugh and smile and remember Miss Molly. It is hard, I completely understand what you are going through. I find myself in tears a lot still and I physically feel exhausted and so sad...

When I do have dreams of my Molly, I wake up and smile and know she is still w/ me.

I'm sorry it is painful for you too.