Need Your Help...

Guest TBSFlame

Guest TBSFlame

I remember something about a dog not being able to pee or peeing blood after heavy running???? I did a search and couldn't find anything. I remember reading about something like that here some time ago. Can anyone help?

If there is a dog that is peeing blood after exertion GET IT TO THE EVET NOW!!! Do not look for the thread, do not look for advice, VET NOW, PLEASE!

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Rhabdomyolysis is caused by the rapid breakdown of skeletal muscle. The muscle breaks down and releases products of damaged muscle cells due to that breakdown in to the bloodstream. Myoglobin, which can be released during this process is extremely harmful to the kidneys and may lead to acute kidney failure.

Treatment is intravenous fluids, dialysis or hemofiltration depending on the severity of the injury.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Sending good thoughts, Linda! :hope Please post an update.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

:grouphug and good thoughts.

Everyone else pretty much covered it.

If there is even a moments thought of running their back off = Hyperacute Exertional Rhabdomyolis

or heat stroke it's best not to fool around.

Head to the vet ASAP

Guest TBSFlame

The dog was taken to the e vet and is being treated. This was my last foster. The cleaning lady came to clean the house and put the dog outside. It was very HOT that day. The house is a 3000 sq. ft. house so I feel sure the cleaning took a while. When the adopter came home she found blood all over the house but could not find a place on the dog that was bleeding. She took the dog to the e-vet.

Oh my gosh, poor dog. I hope it will be okay.

Sorry to "shout" last night, but I/we wanted to stress how urgent it was to get the dog to the vet. Unfortunately, the situation you describe is exactly the problem we've all been worried about all Summer in the other thread that Energy11 posted.

Please keep us updated.

Prayers for this pup,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest Energy11

That cleaning lady had NO RIGHT to put the dog out, and leave it!

UNREAL! We have to educate people about these greys and the heat, and other dogs as well!

I pray that your former foster will be all right!