Help With Shedding

Ever since I got my grey he has been shedding. I thought it would stop in the summer, but we have been having very hot days here and he has not slowed down. His coat looks great, but he sheds very badly. I brush him everyday and vacumn/mop at least twice a day. What can I do? Thanks so much.

Guest mcsheltie

Just keep brushing and vacuuming. (I know, not what you wanted to hear!) After they leave the track they go through a coat blow and you are getting a seasonal one to boot. All dogs will blow their coats when they diet is changed suddenly. So all you can do is keep after it. It is amazing how much hair they really have isn't it!

Guest Energy11

This HEAT is causing a lot of excess shedding!

Ours are ALL shedding ridiculously this summer. We also bought The Furminator. It works!

Good Luck!

Guest Energy11

I have the medium one and I got it on Ebay. Curfew was a walking hairball, and now, after The Furminator, he has a normal coat :-))

NOW, we just need this HEAT to end!

Guest andrealynch

I would get a large furminator--and if you look closely on ebay, you may be able to find one for around 19.99. Otherwise, they run around 60.00 at PetsMart.

I have a Medium Furminator I got on eBay for 20 dollars. And the girls love getting brushed now. Before it was a PITA to brush them. It seems to massage them too because they line up for a brushing now

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Just ordered one. I tried to order it on e-bay but they said I had reached my limets on orders..that is funny bacause I have never ordered anything on e-bay so, I found it somewhere else on line...Thanks for the information.

sorry about the spelling..LOL