Some Good News

End of June, Sam had a routine wellness check-up. The vet found substantial amounts of protein in Sam's urine, and he wanted a recheck in three weeks.

Three weeks later, I took a urine sample to the vet's. Verdict? Too dilute to see any real urine, let alone protein. And this was 9+ hours after his last drink of water.

So, trying again, yesterday I took a urine sample to the vet's. This time, it was 11+ hours since his last drink of water.

Verdict? Perfect. Perfectly concentrated urine--exactly in the mid-range. And no protein. The boy is peeing like a champ.

I've had a bad patch between sample two and three. My 79-year-old father had been ailing, and he died unexpectedly on July 24th. I've spent the last week and a half resolutely telling myself that Sam's problem was not going to be serious. It's so nice to have confirmation of that from the vet.

4660897297_4a8d8fa0fb.jpg

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. Annie Oooh M. 

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank goodness.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry for your father, I also lost mine this year so I know how it feels. And I'm so happy that your boy is strong and healthy! -- that must make you feel so relieved! Scritches!

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance