"steak Bones"?

Guest SusanP

I'd have probably said "thank you for the thought... but we don't dare feed our dogs cooked bones". HOWEVER - "If you de-bone meat before cooking it - our dogs would LOVE to have the RAW bones". :colgate

Being vegetarians, you probably don't get a lot of meat bones in your house. :blush If your neighbor has them to offer - take them! They probably do-bone chicken, or beef, regularly - TAKE THE BONES!!!! It'll be great for your dogs, and also show that you appreciate your neighbor's gesture. Obviously - they were trying to do a "nice" thing.

If you see them outside in the yard - you have a chance to make the connection. They were trying to be nice - be nice back with something that works for all of you. :colgate

Guest greyhound9797

This place only stocks stuff that sells, and is requested by lots of owners. The store would not stock the bones if they didn't sell. They can't keep them in stock. Most of the time I go there, they're out.

Heck, anything is "potentially dangerous." Dogs can choke on kibble.

Just because a store stocks something doesn't mean that it's quality or safe; it's all a matter of supply and demand. Heck, look at McDonalds! "Millions and millions served" doesn't equal "Quality and nutritious food", it simply means that we like to eat a greasy burger with a whole days' worth of fat and calories. People want big raw bones because 1) they think they are good for the teeth or 2) they're cheap (the bones, not the buyers). People also think that rawhides are "good" and "cheap" but they're coated with formaldehyde. They want IAMS or Science Diet because they think it's quality food and their vet told them so.

I know that this is a very debatable topic, much like feeding raw, and to each his own. This is me, stepping off my soap box now. ;-)

Sandra in FL