Poop!

Tractor has had bloody diarhhea this weekend. I gave him some pumpkin and it firmed up and got less bloody. Then, this morning, I fed the dogs, went to the gym, came home, and there was a huge puddle of bloody diarhhea on the floor. He's too old for parvo (he's 4) and he's the only dog with this problem. We're going to the vet today, but I'm hoping for some other thoughts on what this could be...

Missing Hiro, Tank, and Tractor

Hey Shawna,

Roscoe just got over the "doggie stomach bug". From what I gather, it's 'going around'. He had horrible explosive diarrhea for a couple days, and then it turned to pure bloody diarrhea. He was also lethargic and all around 'blah'. I tried to treat it myself until it got bloody, and then I went to the vet right away. He was treated with Flagyl (antibiotic) and carafate (I think that's what it's called), which protectively coats the stomach. He also took a pepcid every night. I had him on a bland diet of chicken or ground beef with rice. Hopefully that's all it is. Good luck!

~Lisa

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest leash

Hey Shawna,

Roscoe just got over the "doggie stomach bug". From what I gather, it's 'going around'. He had horrible explosive diarrhea for a couple days, and then it turned to pure bloody diarrhea. He was also lethargic and all around 'blah'. I tried to treat it myself until it got bloody, and then I went to the vet right away. He was treated with Flagyl (antibiotic) and carafate (I think that's what it's called), which protectively coats the stomach. He also took a pepcid every night. I had him on a bland diet of chicken or ground beef with rice. Hopefully that's all it is. Good luck!

~Lisa

The same thing happen to my greyhound Magnum. My vet gave the same meds. It took us three weeks to get over the flu bug. Come to find out a lot of dogs at the dog park had it as well. I think that is were he got it from.

We're treating with antibiotics. The vet is pretty sure its a bug, she's sent samples out for analysis. So, we're covering all the bases. Still, not my idea of a good time. There are some things that are just nasty to clean up at 2 am. He's feeling blah and trying to sleep in the bed, so I know he's not up to par. I'm hoping he'll feel better in a few days. Everyone else at home is ok, so we'll see how it all goes.

We're treating with antibiotics. The vet is pretty sure its a bug, she's sent samples out for analysis. So, we're covering all the bases. Still, not my idea of a good time. There are some things that are just nasty to clean up at 2 am. He's feeling blah and trying to sleep in the bed, so I know he's not up to par. I'm hoping he'll feel better in a few days. Everyone else at home is ok, so we'll see how it all goes.

Well the results are in. Looks like he has hookworms. So now EVERYONE at the house is on Strongid. Oh boy!

Don't forget to re-Strongid everybody a couple times at @ 3 week intervals. Little boogers have a nasty life cycle. Good luck!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.