Pharoah - 6/15/03

Spotsylott

Our little group of South Jersey volunteers for Greyhound Friends of NJ is crying for the loss of another friend today. You may remember a post I placed a few months ago asking for thoughts and prayers for 9 year old Pharoah who was diagnosed with cancer, and his guardian Pat Lamana. Pharoah lost his fight today.

I visited him and his guardian last weekend, and as I sat on the floor to pet him he gently placed his head in my arms for a big hug, looked me in the eye and stayed that way for several minutes. After a bit he went to his bed. Although he always greeted everyone with a gentle tail wag, he was never overly demonstrative to me...the tears started as Pat and I made eye contact and it hit me that he had been saying good-bye. Needless to say my husband drove home that night as I could not see the road through the tears.

Today I received this note from Pat.

"Pharaoh is gone. he stopped eating yesterday, and was very weak this morning. he was able to walk to the car, and from the car to the vet's office, but collapsed once inside. i got a blanket from the car and put him on it, and he never got up again. we slid him into the exam room, and when the time came he just gently sighed. i was so worried i wouldn't know when it was time, but he did, and i'm thankful for that and the 7 years that he was my good bud."

With Pharoah going to the bridge today, this makes the third hound in our little circle of friends to go to the bridge this year (Suzie Waddell, Kelly Belly Donohoe, and now Phoaroah Lamana) and makes those of us that have seniors hug them a little tighter. Please keep Pat in your thoughts and prayers.

Be free and happy Pharoah as you wait with our other friends at the bridge! :f_white:f_white:f_white

Guest marnie

:cry1 It is so hard for me to read these posts in the 'Remembrance ' forum... I have two senior greys (Scotch is 10 & Duke is 12) and every time I read these memorial posts, it gets me thinking about the time I have left with my two babies. :sad1 I hope I can handle their passing with as much grace as Pharoah's owner has. God bless her.

Run with the angels, Pharoah. :gh_run

Run free Pharoah.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Run free sweet boy...free of pain...free with the wind. My deepest sympathy. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Godspeed Pharaoh, you are loved very much.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Godspeed Pharaoh...you'll find many friends waiting for you at the Bridge.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

every time I read these memorial posts, it gets me thinking about the time I have left with my two babies. QUOTE]

Me, too.

Bless you Pharoah and the family who gave you your forever home and loved you as you loved them.

Say hello and give a big hug to my China Blue.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Run with the other angels, sweet guy!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:grouphug:( I'm sorry

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

It's always so sad to read about a new loss...I'm very sorry for you...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

So sorry to hear this. Arizona welcomes Pharoah at the Bridge..l

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest Canuck

I am so sorry for your loss. Your pup was so beautiful I had his pic as a background photo on my computer screen. I would look at his photo and it helped convince me I needed to give my home and heart to a loving grey too. Cleopatra says run, play and have happy times at the bridge.

:f_white

I'm sorry he had to go. Hugs to his family and all who loved him.

Godspeed, Pharoah.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.