Swimming Greyhounds

Guest SusanP

Ace and Fritz are both able to swim. We found out by accident when they jumped into my neighbor's pool. They both enjoy their baby pool and Ace has been wading in Lake Michigan. I have a feeling that Pinky would not like to swim.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Jumbo.jpg

The ultimate floatation assisstance!!

iv'e thought i seen it all but that is so totally hysterical..got to show all my friends.. :lol:lol:lol:lol

Our Spinner, a very determined boy, was the first of our 5 hounds to ever attempt swimming. We were in a beautiful wilderness lake up in Northern Minnesota. He'd watched a canoe going out and ached to do the same. After long and careful consideration, he lunged forward into the deep water with an epic flourish. I swear you could hear "Chariots of Fire" playing in the background as he took off. And he sank like a rock.

chariots of fire :lol then sank :lol:lol lexie tries to swim but rolls over

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest gecko_foot

And dock jump too!!!

http://neversaynevergreyhounds.blogspot.com/2010/07/dock-jumping.html

Travis was a wonder greyhound though. So much fun, totally awesome. I do teach all of mine to swim though. Some like it more than others.

http://neversaynevergreyhounds.blogspot.com/2009/06/fishies-out-of-water.html

That video was amazing! I have to admit that I had my doubts about what I would see...especially after seeing how my grey Tumnus reacted when he made his first attempt to jump off the dock at the dog park. He followed the labs right to the edge of the dock, and then he slammed on the brakes and skidded to the end. Tumnus is more than willing to wade, but he's decided that he'll leave the swimming and diving to the retrievers. :lol

My girls both love water and would like to swim, I think, but we only have wading pools. I haven't gotten up the nerve to take them anyplace deeper! The boys believe they will melt if they get too wet, so that's that for them. Dude loves to jump off things and I've always wondered if he would do dock jumping.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Mine can swim but don't do it on purpose. Fenway has fallen into the river several times. rolleyes.gif They love to wade in water though and if I had a pool I'm sure I'd try to get them in it!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)