Adams Spot On Flea Treatment ?

Guest greytgrandma

Guest greytgrandma

poor Hot Rod has fleas! Has anyone used the new formula Adams spot on treatment? Josh called and wanted me to find some info on it. I googled it and couldn't find anything about the new formula . He wondered if it is safe ,and if it is does it work. He said it is allot cheaper than frontline. I told him to stick with the frontline so he was going to pick some up on his way home from work. I guess he hasnt had any frontline on Hot Rod this summer yet. Thats the bad thing about Hot Rod not being my dog ,I dont have control of these kind of things. But he does call me and ask for my cyber help so I guess thats all I can control :rolleyes:

Guest Energy11

I know nothing about the spot on. To be HONEST, I wouldn't use it on a greyhound. DD bought it for her small doggies and her Neopolitan Mastif, and had no problems with it.

I, personally, just use good ole' Adams Flea and Tick Mist, and for ME, anyway, it works like a charm! I MIST every seven days, and it takes care of the fleas, ticks, and anything else that flies by! Good Luck!

Guest scfilby

We've used Adams with no problems. Frontline has become less effective for us and quit working entirely in SC..

Treat your hound in the morning on a day you can be there all day. At the first signs of any issues such as excessive panting, irritation, drooling, etc, get him into the tub with cool water and wash the treated area thoroughly with Dawn.

Guest Energy11

We've used Adams with no problems. Frontline has become less effective for us and quit working entirely in SC..

Treat your hound in the morning on a day you can be there all day. At the first signs of any issues such as excessive panting, irritation, drooling, etc, get him into the tub with cool water and wash the treated area thoroughly with Dawn.

Thanks for posting this. Good to know.

Guest MyBoys

I know nothing about the spot on. To be HONEST, I wouldn't use it on a greyhound. DD bought it for her small doggies and her Neopolitan Mastif, and had no problems with it.

I, personally, just use good ole' Adams Flea and Tick Mist, and for ME, anyway, it works like a charm! I MIST every seven days, and it takes care of the fleas, ticks, and anything else that flies by! Good Luck!

I would really like to try the spray, my question is, when you spray them how do you keep them from licking? My Henry sometimes grooms himself like a cat.

Greytgrandma please don't let him use that Adams spot on on Hot Rod. You get what you pay for. The Frontline may cost more but at least you know it isn't hurting him. Who knows how he would react to something different? I'm like Energy. I use the Adams (water based) spray on and it works great and is pretty safe. Give Hot Rod a kiss for me!

Edited by racindog

I looked at the Adams spot on. While the Adams spray uses pyrethrin the spot on uses permethrin just like bio spot and other cheap flea treatments. Many people don't like to put permethrin on greyhounds and I'm one of them.

My advice if you have fleas and no ticks is Advantage.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I looked at the Adams spot on. While the Adams spray uses pyrethrin the spot on uses permethrin just like bio spot and other cheap flea treatments. Many people don't like to put permethrin on greyhounds and I'm one of them.

My advice if you have fleas and no ticks is Advantage.

Oh goodness! If it's the same ingredient as BioSpot then its dangerous as heck. There is an entire web site dedicated to Biospot disasters.

greytgrandma, you might also want to let Josh know about Capstar -- it's a pill that kills all the live fleas on the dog. It can be useful if you have fleas established in the home. Vets usually carry it and it is quite safe. You still need to Frontline/Advantage, but it gives you a jump start.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.