Emt Spray And Gel

Guest kydie

Guest kydie

Over the weekend one of my non grey pups got a bad skin wound just under his ear, I guess from running in the woods,,about the size of a 50cent piece,, now there was not much bleeding,, but it was deep and ragged,,, cleaned it and applied the EMT gel, it provided a sealent and protection, until I could get him to the vet today,,, vet wanted to know what I had used, and was impressed with the results,,, I think it was Energy11 that recommened it,,, man was I glad I had it on hand :) no sutures were needed as the EMT gel had done the trick well, yes antibiotics, daily cleaning and silvidine and a cone collar,, :)

Guest jenmm

Yep, it's great! A friend recommended it and it's saved us lots.

Then I passed the word onto a friend and he was ever so grateful! He swears by it now, too.

Guest DylanGospel

I finally located Petzlife Spray, now where can I find this EMT Spray? It sounds like it would be pretty helpful to have on hand... just in case...

Thanks for the information. This board has been very helpful, and I am grateful for the good advice that I find here.

Guest kydie

A G.T.'er posted on here a grey resuce group that sells it,,, so I thought if I'm going to buy it I might as well support a group,,, I also bought vet wrap from them at the same time, I swear I never thought it would work as well as it did,,,, I mean he had a wound that made my mouth drop,,, and I'm a nurse :blink:

Guest mountain4greys

Emt gel and spray here to! One of the best purchases I've made in the medicine dept. I like the spray for those hard to reach places, like between the toes, and the gel for everything else. I can't believe it works so well.

I finally located Petzlife Spray, now where can I find this EMT Spray? It sounds like it would be pretty helpful to have on hand... just in case...

Thanks for the information. This board has been very helpful, and I am grateful for the good advice that I find here.

EMT Gel (probably the Spray, too) can often be found in hunting-related stores (Tractor Supply Store, Bass Pro shops). Keep a tube in the car (in a doggie first aid kit). Extreme heat makes the gel thinner, but doesn't harm its effectiveness.

Although it's for animals, I used it on myself on a badly injured hand where a wound would not close. It worked.

http://emtgel.com/

If you have a reasonably strong stomach, check the testimonials page at the site and click on the links about injured horses. There are before-and-after pictures.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest 4dogscrazy

I think you can get the EMT spray/gel at Tractor Supply. I'm pretty sure it's "main" use was for farm animals. I've heard really good things about it, but don't I forget to pick it up every single time I go to tractor supply for food! Duh! Must go make a note....

Edited because I am having major malfunctions tonight

Edited by 4dogscrazy

Guest DylanGospel

Thank you! I'll be picking some up tomorrow at our local Tractor Supply.

We started using the Petzlife spray tonight. The boys weren't too crazy about it, but their breath smells nice and minty now. :)

Guest DylanGospel

I hear EMT Gel is good, but I prefer Trypzyme V spray and gel. This stuff was developed by a veterainarian from Auburn University, and it is WONDERFUL! It heals and it sluffs off the dead skin! EXPENSIVE, but worth it! http://www.vetamerica.com/browseproducts/Trypzyme-V-Aerosol-4-oz.html

It is all I use, and SWEAR by it.

Thanks, I'll send away for some of this, too. I think that I need to get another job to support my Greyhound addiction. :lol

Guest cruzNhounds

I agree EMT Spray and Gel is great stuff, we use both here. I buy from the GEM Store, Merrie is wonderful and all proceeds go directly to support the placement of retired racing greyhounds. Fast shipping, great customer service.