Mylie (Distinct Style)

RhodyGreys

This is the fourth time I have posted to remembrance in the last 11 months. This is the second time I've posted about an older greyhound I adopted because nobody else wanted them... and who I had in my home less than a year.

Mylie Memorial - tissue alert

Mylie was different, though. She wasn't very old. She wasn't critically ill, but she did have cancer and she did have corns, and she was dropping weight, and she wasn't going to get better. Surgery wouldn't have fixed her, and while I could have given her a few more good days, maybe even a few more good weeks, I wanted her to leave before the pain became too intense, while she could still eat kettle corn, and hunt for pears, and lay in the sunshine.

MileyandAgnes002.jpg

This was the hardest euthanasia for me, ever. Mylie still wanted to be with me, still followed me depite the pain of her corns, still smiled and wagged, still wandered the yard (slowly) eating grass. But when you try to wait until the time is right, sometimes you wait a little too long. I waited a little too long for Lucky, and Ringo. I think I got it just right for Bull, which was a minor miracle. Mylie was definitely too soon, and I hope she forgives me: her body was broken, but her spirit was strong.

I love you, Miles. I will always love you, even though you weren't mine for long. You will always be mine, heart and soul.

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear about Mylie. Thank you for adopting her, even when you knew you wouldn't have much time together.

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Guest dmona

Words cannot express how my heart breaks for you. This is such an awesome tribute. When I see the forum title, my finger hesitates before I click as I know what awaits, but somehow I am just drawn to reading about these precious angels, but oh, it hurts soooo bad. Your Mylie was just so beautiful but I'm so glad she had these last months of love.

God bless you for taking in these sweet babies.

Guest Javasmom

I am so sorry. I know exactly how hard this is, but remember, it is rewarding too. You said yourself, nobody else wanted them. You took her in, loved her, cared for her and gave her, probably, the best time of her life.

RIP sweet girl. Run free. Send mommy a sign, she needs to know you are fine.

Hugs to you! :grouphug

I'm so sorry. :cry1 I'm glad she spent her last months with you. I wish she could have stayed longer, but I'm glad you were able to let go "too soon".

Godspeed Mylie.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I am so very Sorry. Your tribute is Beautiful.... Thank You for giving her last months of life in a Great Forever Home.... :grouphug :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Mylie :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest fandogs

She is running without pain...You go girl!

Sometimes they have such strong desires to stay with us, they can put aside the pain, at least for a while. Obviously her spirit and will was like that. Don't allow her joy of life to confuse you into thinking you could have waited.. She sounds like the kind of dog that would ALWAYS have fought to the last ounce of her strength to be by your side and show you her appreciation for all the love you gave her.

And she did.

...And she will always be in your heart.

You did what you had to do.. you were brave and you were loving. No regrets.

Thank you for giving her a home knowing she had problems, and for being brave when the time came.....

You are a very special person.

Mylie knew that too I'm sure...

Deeply sorry for your loss :brokenheart

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I'm so sorry, Meredith. I am thankful I had the honor of meeting such a beautiful stoic girl.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest MyCody

I am so sad as I too know how this feels. I have taken comfort in knowing two little angels knew love for the last months of their lives because we were blessed to have them.

I am so glad you are there Meredith, you will, I know, always have room in your heart.

Mylie was beautiful and you gave her the most precious of gifts, freedom from pain. Your tribute is very special.

Terry

I so wish that you and Mylie could have had more time together. Meri, I'm so sorry you've had such a loss- filled year :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

You chose well. I'm sorry she didn't have more pain-free time with you, and that you had to say goodbye. Godspeed, beautiful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom

I think Mylie was very lucky to have you, from the beginning to the end. Thank you for putting her needs before your own - I'm so very sorry :grouphug

They'll break our hearts every time, but, old dogs are the best dogs. I am so sorry for your loss. grouphug.gif

Godspeed Mylie ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was such a beautiful girl & must have loved you with all her heart. Godspeed Mylie! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis