Believe It Or Not!

I had posted a few weeks back that both Teddy and Ollie had substantial hair growth after using 3mg of melatonin after less than 2 months.

Some of you asked me for pics, here are a few of Teddy.

His neck did not have one hair on it. Not one.

Before

TEDDY2051.jpg

sept10002.jpg

After

DSC_3147.jpg

DSC_3149.jpg

DSC_3150.jpg

I can actuallu run my fingers though his hair and leave tracks. And, it's the softest, fluffiest, totally unbelievable.

DSC_3148.jpg

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest mcsheltie

Same here. Roo & Breeze had bald butts, bellies and necks. Both grew hair. Roo has turned into a REALLY woolly beast. It took 1 1/2 months to grow it. I remember looking after a month and there wasn't much change (and was really disappointed) but half a month later it was filled in.

You can see Vanna on my siggie. She is very bald. We'll see how she does on it when she gets home.

ETA: I slacked up on the Melatonin. Breeze's coat started to thin out. And Roo now has some completely bald spots on her butt. So I am back to giving it religiously.

Edited by mcsheltie

I went to an every other day basis now.

And I did forget to mention if you dog has GI issues, you probably shouldn't use it. It can make it worse. Beau used to have the thickest, lushest coat. But being on high doses of pred for so long has made his hair so very thin. He is a prime candidate for this but I can't use it on him. In the scheme of things with Beau, it just doesn't matter about the hair !!!blush.gif

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Wow! Summer has a bald belly (with an improving case of belly blackheads) and bald spots on her butt and thighs. I would like like to try this "melatonin". I see online that you can buy it in tablet form in the stores in the section for people vitamins. Is this what everyone is using?

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Carl is almost back to his original naked state as he has blown his coat. I'm hoping it will grow back.

I get, got, mine from Target. Though now I will probably have to find it elsewhere until they stop donating to the rabid anti-gay candidate for gov in Minnesota. Very not cool w/me. Time to spend my money elsewhere.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Wow! Summer has a bald belly (with an improving case of belly blackheads) and bald spots on her butt and thighs. I would like like to try this "melatonin". I see online that you can buy it in tablet form in the stores in the section for people vitamins. Is this what everyone is using?

Mine are capsules by "Sundown". 3mg 1 x a day. Let us know. I never would have believed it had I had seen it first hand!

Looks amazing!

It's alright Beau, you're handsome just the way you are...

heart.gifwub.gif Beau wub.gifheart.gif

Thank you~blush.gif My sentiments exactly about my Beau Beau. he is perfect, just the way he is!

Guest 4dogscrazy

I guess I have my answer from reading above, but just to be clear, once you stop giving the melatonin the hair falls out again?

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

The hair has just shed but come back nicely in normal cycles in the ones I have tried it in- no bald areas have come back.

once you stop giving the melatonin the hair falls out again?

I don't think so, I think it is different from dog to dog. Claire is still real furry, Carl is more furry than before he took the Melatonin, but had a super seasonal coat blow out. Mine are on it for 4 - 5 days and off for 2 - 3 days per week.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Sunset123

Arrisa got a fluffy tail from her melatonin! It's pretty cute.

I'm not giving it right now, but when I do I just toss a tablet in with her evening meal. This probably wouldn't work as well with the pickier dogs, but Arrisa gobbles it right up.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Frankie got incredibly fluffy on melatonin; he is so plush! I actually stopped giving it to him once the weather warmed up because he is so furry, I was afraid it would make the heat worse for him. His coat is still as fluffy as before even though he has been off the melatonin for a few months; and incredibly, he is shedding less this summer than ever before. I also realized that his "new" coat texture is softer and lighter, with more "loft", so in a way, I think it might actually be helping him keep cooler! Very strange stuff... :rolleyes:

Guest kydie

I started Melatonin on Mr Bob after reading here it helped with hair growth,,, about 3 weeks ago :goodluck I don't care if he has hair,,, :dunno but I feel so sorry for him in the winter here in the snow belt of Pa.. even with a coat on his butt is exposed,,,nothing worse than a cold butt :eek

Guest Furmom

I started giving it Camp about 3 weeks ago too after reading it here.... some hair growth around the edges of the bald spots but nothing remarkable - we will keep our hopes up for her though and continue for another couple of months :)

What dosage is everyone using on their greys? JJ gets the bald neck area and I'd like to try it with him.

3 mg. 1 x a day.

I started giving it Camp about 3 weeks ago too after reading it here.... some hair growth around the edges of the bald spots but nothing remarkable - we will keep our hopes up for her though and continue for another couple of months smile.gif

Check after 3 months, not 3 weeks! Too soon! I noticed the difference in mid July which was a full 2 months. So... give it time to work!!!!

Yup! I started using this on my bald dogs a few months ago. Their coat and growth is amazing. I have never had coat growth results from any product like this. I dose twice a day, .5 mg. with dinner or a treat in the morning.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

My english bulldog came to us with some bald areas. The vets have never been able to figure out why, not bacterial or fungal etc... I wonder if this stuff would work on her. She's not bothered by the lack of hair she just looks funny and people always want to know what happened, truth is we have NO idea as we adopted her from the shelter this way.

Has anyone tried this on NON greyhounds, do you think it would work for a bulldog??

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Has anyone tried this on NON greyhounds, do you think it would work for a bulldog??

YES.

Guest jettcricket

I had posted a few weeks back that both Teddy and Ollie had substantial hair growth after using 3mg of melatonin after less than 2 months.

Before

TEDDY2051.jpg

sept10002.jpg

After

DSC_3147.jpg

DSC_3149.jpg

DSC_3150.jpg

I can actuallu run my fingers though his hair and leave tracks. And, it's the softest, fluffiest, totally unbelievable.

DSC_3148.jpg

Wow....that's amazing!! Robin...do you order it on line? Can you give me the source???

I'll admit I've wondered if it would work on me . . . . I have an about-quarter-size bald spot on the back of my head where it was shaved for minor surgery 20 years ago and for some reason never grew back. Fortunately, the rest of my hair hides it, but I wonder . . . .

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest kydie

Patsy: what the heck ,,,give it a try,, what would you be out $5.00 for a bottle of melatonin?

I am not in need of any additional hair,, quit the oppisite,, I might grow a beard :lol

Before

TEDDY2051.jpg

sept10002.jpg

After

DSC_3147.jpg

DSC_3149.jpg

DSC_3150.jpg

DSC_3148.jpg

Wow....that's amazing!! Robin...do you order it on line? Can you give me the source???

Yeah, Linda- I think I can do that! I just went to CVS and bought the only one I could fine! 3mg capsules by Sundown. I bought a bottle of 90. I was giving 1 cap at night with dinner, but now I do every other night because Ollie is starting to look like a Borzoi eek.gif