Rachael, One Of The Fort Worth 28

Guest Gaeaggg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Sweetie, I'm so sorry that fate dealt you such a cruel hand. I'm so glad that you at least got to know true love, even though it was such a brief moment in time... :weep

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest Gaeaggg

Thanks so very much to everyone who remembered Rachael. I stayed off this board for several days. It was just more than I could bear to see Rachael referred to as one of the pieces of our hearts running at the bridge. I think "lulu" put it best when she suggested that what we can best do to remember these dogs, now 4 of them, is to vow to do everything in our power to never have this happen again. Wouldn't it be wonderful to know that every greyhound everywhere is in a safe place and will ultimately be a spoiled rotten couch potato in a loving forever home.

Thanks especially to the wonderful person who suggested that our hounds, for however briefly, had, as far as they knew, already found their forever homes. I can tell you for sure, that Rachael was loved as though she was our forever hound. She permanently resides in our hearts, permanently shares our souls, is permanently etched in our memories.

I wear a bracelet now with Rachael's name on it...and Martin's and Pudge's and Braden's. We love you, you special angels.

You are right, Barbara, these precious hounds knew the love of compassionate people like you, even if it was for far too short a time. Bless you for being Rachael's angel.

Sharing your sadness, and sending much sympathy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown