To Packmom

Suzy, I read your update in the other thread. I am so sorry to hear the horrible news. I lost my two sisters just 2 months apart this year.

Both cancer.

And I lost my first baby Brindle to hemangio 8 yrs ago. I didn't even have a chance with her.

I just wanted to let you know I'm here, we're all here for you.

Mary Pat

I too am sending good thoughts from NJ. You have already done you're share of grieving this year-- fingers crossed that the surgery will be uneventful. You know your in the best of hands there.

Edited by tbhounds

I am very sorry to hear of Arwen's diagnosis. I hope everything goes well with the surgery this week. You both will be in our thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Thanks, guys. I know that you know how it is, Mary Pat. You just can't get this kind of support from your "normal" family and friends. I've lost 4 in the last 2 years, most recently Saturn, who we only had 4 months. He was a 13 year old bounce. His hemangio. was silent until it was deadly. We made a last ditch effort to treat him but the evil stuff was like wild fire. He was gone in 4 days. Now Arwen has the same thing! We found her's while there is still a chance for surgery and chemo if the CT scan shows no other masses started yet. Fingers crossed. Our Shilo was DX with Lymphoma in Feb and is finishing up 25 weeks of chemo. Now it is a waiting game to see how long his remission will last. He had to have LP tie back in June. So you can say we are having a bad year. We are planning to go into surgery on Friday if all goes well.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

My gosh, you've had your share. I'm keeping you and your baby in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Suzy, knowing what a blur any time spent at OSU is like......did I meet you when I was there in either Oct 09 or Jan '10?

Possibly. :lol I have a short memory for people. What dog did yu have there?

Diamond, my black girl was there for an amp in Oct.

I had Diamond back there (as a tripod) to keep her sister Pearl company in Jan. Pearl's white/black. Pearl was in for a splenectomy. And actually Pearl was at OSU briefly in Oct too because I thought it would be a good comparison to have littermates, one with cancer, one without. But Pearl probably already had her cancer then.

Both are gone already. Pearl made it only 3 weeks. Dima got 6 months.

Suzy, knowing what a blur any time spent at OSU is like......did I meet you when I was there in either Oct 09 or Jan '10?

Possibly. :lol I have a short memory for people. What dog did yu have there?

Diamond, my black girl was there for an amp in Oct.

I had Diamond back there (as a tripod) to keep her sister Pearl company in Jan. Pearl's white/black. Pearl was in for a splenectomy. And actually Pearl was at OSU briefly in Oct too because I thought it would be a good comparison to have littermates, one with cancer, one without. But Pearl probably already had her cancer then.

Both are gone already. Pearl made it only 3 weeks. Dima got 6 months.

Doesn't ring a bell with me but Angel was there for cardiology in Oct. 09.

Edited by packmom

Guest boondog

There are few people I've ever met who are as good with their dogs as Suzy and David. Please send them all the prayers, good thoughts, white light, etc., that you can.

There are few people I've ever met who are as good with their dogs as Suzy and David. Please send them all the prayers, good thoughts, white light, etc., that you can.

For those of you who don't know. Suzy has been helping greyhounds and their families who come to OSU for YEARS!! She has taken care of many hounds in her home when the parents had to go home to work. She is just a phenomenal person. I have not had the opportunity to meet David, but I bet he is as wonderful as his wife.

They have had a rough year. Shilo is just finishing chemo for lymphoma and Arlen now has hemangio. They lost Saturn to hemangio just a little over a month ago. Please send all the prayers, etc. that you can. Arwen's CAT scan is scheduled for noon tomorrow (Friday), followed by surgery to remove the mass from the liver if the cancer hasn't spread too much.

Jane

Edited by joejoesmom

Sending prayers and white light to Arwen. Heavy Prayers for the best possible outcome for Arwen.

Some of you may remember Suzy was fostering my Notie last year at this time. He stayed with Suzy while I went back to Tennessee.

Hugs to Suzy

Cora and the furkids

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)