My John Curly

Guest Dana

I wanted to let all of you know who have been so very kind to me that I am doing much better this afternoon. I just wanted to write and tell you that we had a funeral of sorts for John last evening. We buried him in the yard, close to the house, right outside my bedroom window so I could feel like he was close to me at night.

I wasn't going to, but I couldn't help it, I did look at him. I wasn't sure I could handle it, but I am so glad I did. He looked peaceful and out of pain. We wrapped him in his favorite blanket and covered his nose the way he always liked it. I put in my night shirt so he would have something with my smell on it. I included a picture of my husband, son, and I. Also, two of his squeaky toys which he LOVED to squeak until the squeaker would break, a copy of The Lord's Pray and a copy of The Bridge. We all kissed him and hugged him and told him how much he meant to us and how we would never forget him.

After I heal up a day or two from my surgery tomorrow I am most likely going this weekend to look at a couple of Greyhounds at the place that I adopted John from. The house is quiet and I need to hear some paws on my floor again as soon as I can.

Thank you all again for everything, not everybody understands this kind of loss, but I know you all do. Hugs to you all, Dana (John's mom)

What a beautiful ceremony you had for him.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Many hugs to you and your family. I know how hard this is. Take care of yourself, hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Dana,

John will always be with you and I am sure he is running free of pain now with all the other wonderful pups that have gone before him.

Kyle

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Hugs to you Dana. I believe that John will be with you always and will be gently guiding you to the grey that needs you as much as you need him/her. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

What a beautiful way to celebrate his life! I didn't realize that you were in Maryland. If you need a local (depending on where, of course) grey-friend, there are lots of us here! Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

What a beautiful send off for your beautiful boy. Sending hugs to you and your family.

I'm so glad to hear you are considering adopting another greyhound. We did soon after Sophie died (in fact we ended up with TWO) and I must say, it did help us deal with our grief. I still cry when I think of Sophie, but most of the time I'm fooling around with the other dogs and they make me laugh.

Good luck with your surgery.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

It is nice that John will always be nearby to you.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thinking of you during this difficult time Dana. I hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is quick. Do check back when you're feeling up to it. We're here for you. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest jettcricket

....tears for a boy that I never met. When one leaves us, we all grieve.

Sending you comfort, understanding, hugs and white light....

"Grieve not nor speak of me with tears....t'was heaven here with you".

:weep Your sweet boy will always be with you in your heart, as love never dies. :beatheart What a lovely way to honor his spirit. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest greymama002

My heart goes out to you & your family and bless you with all you're going through for honoring John's memory by helping another hound.