Need A Boy Name!

Guest Lola06

Guest Lola06

Hello, We got our first greyhound in April....a female named Lola. She is so wonderful that we got a boy over the weekend. The problem is ....what to name him! Boy names are hard!! How about some boy name suggestions from the experts!!! Thanks!

Guest barkdogs

hmmm.....Here is one from each letter:

Albert, Brandon, Carl, Dean, Edgar, Francis, Giovani, Hedwig,Ian, Jonah, Kellam, Leo, Marcus, Nicholas, Oliver, Paulo, Quinn, Robert, Sydney, Thurston, Uriah, Victor, William, Xaviar, Yoric, Zach.

Congratulations :confetti , any pictures of your new boy?

I kept both my dogs kennel names in the end as they suited & knew them (thats how i ended up with a Throp :lol:), but sure i can think of some suggestions. What sort of character does he seem to be so far?

here's a names list

Edited by moofie

No suggestions here, I kept all my pups kennel or racing names. I haven't changed any of them.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Hello, We got our first greyhound in April....a female named Lola. She is so wonderful that we got a boy over the weekend. The problem is ....what to name him! Boy names are hard!! How about some boy name suggestions from the experts!!! Thanks!

If you have a Lola, how about Rico (Copacabana)? :rolleyes:

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Guest scfilby

What was your new boys racing name or call name? We have named our hounds with something close to their racing names.. McDowell became Mickey.. CSI became Cy..

ETA= I have always thought Rosco was the perfect name for a Male Greyhound.. To me it just embodies the Greyhound male personality

Edited by scfilby

Guest Lola06

Some great suggestions so far!! His track name was Hot on Top so they called him Topper. He has the cutest ears!!! He can move them together or seperately. We thought about Radar to honor his radar ears....think of the movie and TV show M.A.S.H... but everyone says it doesn't go with Lola. My son likes Luke and that name is leading in the votes. My husband likes Jake. He is red with a very sweet easy going personality. I would love to attach photos but I have no clue how to do it!!!

Guest Lola06

I sing that song to Lola all the time but didn't know the second verse! That is too funny and definitely one to consider!

Edited by Lola06

Guest dwolfe711

Duncan was my special boy - I vote for Duncan!! :rolleyes:

Actually, I like Topper!!

Edited by dwolfe711

nunzio,

my dh would not go for nuzio when we adopted out male(he didn't have a name for 3 or 4 weeks). i will most definately call my next male, nunzio. felix got his name since dh refused to call willie wonka our late welsh terrier:felix, so i saved it- and now i finally have my felix.

Some great suggestions so far!! His track name was Hot on Top so they called him Topper. He has the cutest ears!!! He can move them together or seperately. We thought about Radar to honor his radar ears....think of the movie and TV show M.A.S.H... but everyone says it doesn't go with Lola. My son likes Luke and that name is leading in the votes. My husband likes Jake. He is red with a very sweet easy going personality. I would love to attach photos but I have no clue how to do it!!!

I love the name Topper! That was the name of the sire of our female English Setter--Grand Champion Clariho's Top Hat!

Jake's a great name too.

Call him anything you like.

My dog's kennel name was Chile, and he never even wiggled his ears when I said it. I named him George because my last dog's name was Kramer, and I decided to keep the Seinfeld theme going. If I ever have a female, I'll probably name her Elaine!

Dogs are very adaptable, and really don't care what you call them as long as you feed them, love them, and are kind to them!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest scfilby

I love the name Luke!

I read a study once designed for bird dogs. Derivatives of the name Duke (like Luke) have been proven to carry the farthest. Dogs can here duke and luke when called from farther away then any other name.

I have a Tank and a Tractor as Greyhounds. I have a female Max (I know its a boy name, but I'm the Grinch, what can I say!) and I have a foster named Macho that will probably become Nacho. Hope that helps...

Missing Hiro, Tank, and Tractor

Guest PhillyPups

I love love love the name Topper, but then I don't change their names, just will add someting to it, which is how I have DonnieDude and DonJuan. :lol:dunno

Good answer, Donna. I like it!!! Way to go, Barry Manalow. :rolleyes:

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

No suggestions here, I kept all my pups kennel or racing names. I haven't changed any of them.

Same here

Again same here. But I'm sure like everyone else they end up with a whole bunch of other names, dude, puppa b, wiz kid rock star....Funny I was telling my wife why do they even name greys they never listen, unless it's dinner or your holding a treat.

Thanks for picking up another hound, good luck

Guest freightsmom

I have a Tank and a Tractor as Greyhounds.

Throw in my Freightliner and I think we've covered all the large machinery names!

His whole litter had tractor trailer manufacturer names....Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Volvo, Western Star, Binder and I guess they ran out of trailer names for the last female who was named Diesel Daisy :lol

Our girl came to us from a previous home and they had already named her Molly, but I would've probably kept her kennel name "Dreamin" or a variation of her racing name.

I personally think Topper is a great name! But if you're set on changing it, I'd wait until he was home and you know his personality...I've always felt animals just sorta find their right name because of their personality.

Jennifer, Mike and the menagerie ---

Molly (Blue Sky Dreamin), Tinker (BT My Lil Girl) and their feline brothers Miles and Lewis

Visit Molly's Photo Album

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I always change the names... but boy names are so difficult for me to think of. I'm trying to name a male foster right now.