Isis May Have Had A Stroke

Beth I'm thrilled! Those of us lucky people who have met Isis know what a wonderful dog she is. Here's to many more happy years with her. :confetti

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greymama002

So happy to hear that Isis is feeling so much better and hope that she will not have any further episodes to scare her mamma!

Oh wow, that's so wonderful. She sounded so bad, I was really afraid she was beyond help. What a wonderful miracle to have had. :confetti

Can I offer a little suggestion?

If she hasn't had her blood pressure done, get one. If for nothing else, a baseline. Dr. Couto did say greys get idiopathic hypertension. My Pearl had it and it did cause a stroke.

Oh wow, that's so wonderful. She sounded so bad, I was really afraid she was beyond help. What a wonderful miracle to have had. :confetti

Can I offer a little suggestion?

If she hasn't had her blood pressure done, get one. If for nothing else, a baseline. Dr. Couto did say greys get idiopathic hypertension. My Pearl had it and it did cause a stroke.

Yes, they checked her BP at the office and we are to come back in next week for a recheck. It was elevated but he also felt it was because we took it at the height of the crisis.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Wonderful news about Isis!

If it truly was a FCE, her recovery is a miracle! It took our Alan about 6 months of rehab to get him to the point that he is at and he is still partially paralyzed in his left hind leg.

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

The girl is a walking miracle! What wonderful news! Hope she continues to improve and this will soon be just a bad memory. grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Wonderful news about Isis!

If it truly was a FCE, her recovery is a miracle! It took our Alan about 6 months of rehab to get him to the point that he is at and he is still partially paralyzed in his left hind leg.

See, this is where I am totally confused by the entire thing. My vet says he still feels that it was a stroke but is willing to concede to the neurologist. The neurologist feels that it is an FCE because of the fast recovery from the steroid shot. :dunno

This morning she still walks with a "high step" on her back right leg but I'll take it.

So glad to hear Isis is doing better. yay.gifyay.gif (Pardon my ignorance but what is FCE?)

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Fibrocartilaginous Embolic Myelopathy (FCE)

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/fibrocartilaginous-embolic-myelopathy-fce/page1.aspx

This was the best description that helped me. It's all new to me as well. :lol

I am so happy to read through all this and see the end result.

Whew.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm glad to hear that Isis is doing so well. My Gracie had a stroke last June, and there is a thread on here somewhere about it. I'll look and post a link. Her's was due to previously undiagnosed hypertension. She is now on blood pressure meds and has recovered quite well. This summer, almost a year to date of her stroke, she had a TIA. Her recovery from that was much much quicker - like 12 hours from onset to recovery. Maybe Isis had a TIA? It's like a mini-stroke with a much quicker recovery.

Edited to add: Gracie's first thread; Gracie's update thread; Gracie's second update thread

Edited by Graciehound

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Greytalker Jen Bachelor (of Never Say Never Greyhounds) has a dog that had an FCE. Her related blog posts are here. The first post in the series is at the bottom of the screen, later posts at the top. And on the left side are tags, including Katie Rehab.

And here's the good news for you: Katie's FCE happened in October 2007. It's nearly three years later, and Katie's still around. Today, Jennifer posted a video of 12-year-old Katie doing wheelies in the yard. They're about to start discouraging her from doing that because she keeps hurting her toes.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Fibrocartilaginous Embolic Myelopathy (FCE)

http://www.petplace....-fce/page1.aspx

This was the best description that helped me. It's all new to me as well. lol.gif

THANK you! I at least know that a TIA is a Transient Ischemic Attack! smile.gif Keeping y'all in our thoughts.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).