Help - Dr. Couto/osu Contact Info

Guest dwolfe711

Guest dwolfe711

I've been searching and i have Dr. C's personal email but isn't there one for his team/staff that has been posted here in previous forums? if so please post so i can pass it on to a friend whose male gh was diagnosed with OS of the shoulder yesterday. She wants to contact Dr. C for an opinion on meds. Also - prayers for Sarah, Dave and Webster would be appreciated - he's a sweet boy - shouldn't have to go through this.

Thanks, Donna

I am sorry to hear about your friend's pup. Here is the info I have:

http://www.casualbling.com/OSU.html

Clinicians

Dr. C. Guillermo Couto, DVM

Dr. Paulo Vilar, DVM

Dr. Liliana Marin, DVM

General Contact Information

Greyhound Health and Wellness Program

601 Vernon Tharp Street

Columbus, OH 43210

Phone: (614) 247-6757

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am sorry to hear about your friend's pup. Here is the info I have:

http://www.casualbling.com/OSU.html

Clinicians

Dr. C. Guillermo Couto, DVM

Dr. Paulo Vilar, DVM

Dr. Liliana Marin, DVM

General Contact Information

601 Vernon Tharp Street

Columbus, OH 43210

Phone: (614) 247-6757

Dr. Vilar is no longer at OSU. Here's the complete (and long) info:

Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine

601 Vernon Tharp Street

Columbus, Ohio 43210

Phone: (614) 247-6757 or (614) 247-8490

Email: greyosu@osu.edu

Website: http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/GHWP.htm (registration and fee now required to get full access to this site)

This email goes to the team. If Dr. Couto is traveling, you may get a quicker answer from one of his team members. Drs. Marin and Zaldivar typically respond to greyhound owners. The consult is free but if you can afford to support the program please do so. You can sign up for full access to the website ($99 per calendar year) or donate through the giving page on the website. If you decide to donate, you can double your money by giving through the Greyhound Project. Just go to this website and scroll down to the appropriate donation button: http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/donate.shtml. They will match the funds that you donate.

The Team:

Dr. Couto, Department Head, Greyhound Medicine, Oncology and Hematology

Dr. Lili Marin, Greyhound Health and Oncology

Dr. Sara Zaldivar, Greyhound Health and Oncology

Dr. William Kisselberth, Oncology

Dr. Cheryl London, Oncology

Dr. Cristina Iazbik, Blood Bank Director and Hematologist

Dr. Bridget Urie, Oncology Resident

Dr. Matt Sherger, Oncology Resident

Dawn Hudson, Vet Tech

Ashley DeFelice, Vet Tech

Stacey Gallant, Vet Tech

Drs Marin and Zaldivar are originally from Spanish speaking countries. If you have trouble understanding them over the phone, you might ask for one of the other vets or vet techs to “translate”.

Dr. Couto's direct email is:

couto.1@osu.edu

His phone number is also 614-247-6757. If he is in town, he typically returns emails in the early hours of the morning.

You should know that (in my humble opinion) they need more staff. Unfortunately finances do not permit it at this time. They do 20 to 30 greyhound consults a day along with all of their "in canine" patients. Depending on their workload there may be a wait for the consultation. If you are contacting them on an emergency basis, please let them know.

If you want to make an appointment to be seen in person/canine, you can call the main number to set up a date/time. The main number for the veterinary hospital is 614-292-3551.

If you decide to visit OSU please contact me. I may be able to put you up in a local home, provide moral support, or just help with logistics:

Finewhipador-drool@yahoo.com

Jane

Guest dwolfe711

Thank you so much - i've passed this on to Sarah and made a copy for my own files. We're still waiting for the biopsy on Mercedes' toe tumor - hopefully we won't need to contact OSU this time.