Petzlife Users

Guest kydie

The only negative press I could find regarding Petzlife was a recommendation to change some of their marketing claims since it hadn't been "scientifically" validated. That's it.

I know many of you here use Petzlife for your pups teeth,,, so I was going to start using it on my old girl,,, she has always been my problems child as far as teeth brushing,,,, took her to the vet today, as she has a broken tooth, to set up for removal of it,,, and asked the vet (new guy) about Petzlife,,,, he admitted he knew nothing about it,,,, so before I left he got on the VMA web site to get info, on it for me,,,, came to me and said,,,, VMA does not recommemd use of PRTZLIFE on dogs,,, as due to the grape seed extract in this product it has been shown to cause kidney faliure,, blink.gif besides the grain alochol in it, which he felt was far from an issue,,, huh.gif Now I know vets don't know everything,,,, but grapes have long been a no, no for dogs,,,,, FYI,,, not telling anyone what to do,,, but I know I will not be useing it on my old chow at age 12 I'm not taking any chances smile.gif

"... VMA does not recommemd use of PRTZLIFE on dogs,,, as due to the grape seed extract in this product it has been shown to cause kidney faliure,... blink.gif"

I thought something didn't sound right. I am just reading the Petzlife Gel bottle, and here it is: Ingredients: Distilled water, grain alcohol, GRAPEFRUIT seed extract (**not grape seed***), and a blend of herbs and natural oils. smile.gif

**Remember one thing about our vets, they want to make money. They maybe the greatest people around (*my vet/former employer was), BUT, he was still out to make money. too. Of course, they don't want us using products like this, as we don't get as many dentals. colgate.gif

You took the words right out of my mouth! :nod

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest fandogs

I'm planning to start both of my kids on Petslife spray. I used the Leba 111 for six months and got NO results.

If I can save money NOT doing dentals, I would love it.

BTW... My Standard Schnauzer lived to be 15 and he loved green grapes.

I don't, however, give grapes or raisins to my hounds.

Maxine

Guest Energy11

So, ya'll got me interested in this product. Which one do you use? Spray, gel, one with Peppermint, Salmon Oil?

Well, because I don't want my dogs' mouths smelling like Salmon, I use the peppermint GEL AND SPRAY ... daily on two of my older hounds, and every other, on my the rest.

I have been using the spray for about a month now and the results are remarkable. Today I had a bottle of gel delivered plus another bottle of the spray. No where on the label does it say anything about Grape Seed in the ingredients. It says that it has GRAPEFRUIT SEED. The two are not related!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest greytloves

I wondered if the Salmon would produce fish breath! Does anyone think the gel or spray is better? Do you use both only because of bad teeth issues or is it because one is more effective?

None of my hounds have bad teeth issues and I have always scaled them monthly, thus they only get dentals once every 3-4 years but always looking for things to make their lives better!

Guest Energy11

I think the GEL is more effective. I use it on a cosmetic puff, rubbing it into the gums and the teeth.

I just add the spray ... "because!" No real reason. No matter, they both work well! I have heard, they gel works better, though.

Guest eaglflyt

Please see my posts, #14 & #16, for vets that both suggest use of grape seed extract for neurological conditions in dogs (from the Univ. of Florida Vet School) and sell Petzlife/Vetzlife Gel & Spray. Also, we had magnificent results using this product in our 14 year old Aussie ... and he also had perfectly normal lab work last month!

Guest Energy11

I think there is still some confusion here.

Petzlife Gel and Spray contain GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT, ********NOT GRAPE SEED EXTRACT***********. :)

Guest eaglflyt

Petzlife Gel and Spray contain GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT, ********NOT GRAPE SEED EXTRACT***********. :)

Actually, it contains both. :colgate

Here is the list of ingredients from their website:

Here is the full list of ingredients:

Grapefruit seed extract, Grape seed extract, Thyme oil, Neem oil, Rosemary oil, and Peppermint oil. These are all specially formulated with distilled water and grain alcohol to produce one of the most effective and safest dental products ever produced.

***However, I don't have any problem with this as seen in posts #14 and #16. ;)

Edited by eaglflyt

Guest Energy11

Petzlife Gel and Spray contain GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT, ********NOT GRAPE SEED EXTRACT***********. smile.gif

Actually, it contains both. ; )

Here is the list of ingredients from their website:

Here is the full list of ingredients:

Grapefruit seed extract, Grape seed extract, Thyme oil, Neem oil, Rosemary oil, and Peppermint oil. These are all specially formulated with distilled water and grain alcohol to produce one of the most effective and safest dental products ever produced.

Grape seed extract, as you pointed out in earlier posts is BENEFICIAL in many ways. I only looked at my bottle, and it didn't mention the grapeseed extract, but I am certainly good with it.

I am now using the pepermint gel but I have bought a salmon gel to try next. One vet told me that it looked like they left the "polisher" on his teeth too long and they kinda burned his teeth, so he does not like anything cold..I just squirt some in a little plastic container and leave it on the counter for a couple of hours before I use it in his mouth..He is more willing for me to mess with him then...LOL He will NOT let me use a toothbrush (again, maybe because he is sensitive)

I use Petzlife in all varieties. (Now they have it for humans!)

Anyway, I emailed them and asked for further information. Here's their response:

Hi Marcia, Here is what we have on the two extracts: Grapefruit seed extract is effective at very low concentrations. During 1989-90, an international research team (reported in the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, Volume 5, No. 3, USA, 1990) examined the effects of GSE and compared this with 30 effective antibiotics and 18 proven fungicides. GSE was found to perform as well as any and all of the tested agents. Without the harsh side effects. It is a natural alternative to strong antibiotics.

Grapefruit seed extract is nontoxic. According to an independent laboratory testing "Acute Oral Toxicity", it would take at least 4,000 times the normal dose of gse to produce a 50% chance of poisoning (called LD50).

Grape Seed Extract:

It appears from recent unpublished data that the toxic component is within the flesh of the grape/raisin, not the seed.

Toxicity has been associated with seedless grapes, so the toxin is unlikely to be within the seeds. It is thus possible that grape seed extract is safe to use but this has not been conclusively proven.

Grape seed extract is a powerful antioxidant that may be helpful in the treatment of arthritis and other inflammatory conditions, and some dog owners use this in their older dogs.

found at:

http://www.apcc.aspca.org. Dr. Michael Fox is now promoting PetzLife Oral care in his columns and

books-- He is the Guru in the Holistic field--syndicated writer including

the Washington Post!

We have a perfect record with over 1,000,000 bottles now sold world-wide-- 

not one reported case of death and not one substantiated case of permanent

injury.

If the same # of dogs and cats went through the anesthesia

procedure --statistics prove that 3,000 would have died-- and at least

72,000 would have experienced injury!

Dr. Maier has been using PetzLife Oral Care for nearly 5 years in her

clinic.

"I'm not really one for research data, I depend more on experience. This

product has been available for more than long enough to establish an

incredible safety record. I have dispensed this product to patients with

diabetes, heart disease, cushing's disease, Inflammatory bowel disease, etc.

I have yet to see a problem in any of my patients that have used any of the

Petzlife Products. I have however in the majority of cases seen an

improvement in their dental health.

Sincerely,

Dr Susan Maier (18 yrs Holistic Veterinarian)

Horizon Veterinary Services"

Hope this helps, Sincerely, Andrew Groth

PetzLife Products Inc.

www.petzlife.com

P.O. Box 316 | Spring Park, MN 55384

1-888-453-4682 | Fax: 952-460-1294 "Dedicated to Improving Pets Lives"