Ryan

Trudy

I knew it was coming. Been preparing myself for it for 3 years. But he always hung on, always pulled through, always came out the other side only a little worse for the wear. I knew this time would be different. I also knew I'd be doing it alone once he told me he was ready.

Obviously 3 years of knowing it was eventually going to catch up to him doesn't lessen the pain. Doesn't help that we still don't know what it is.

The last couple of months were spent watching him closely, making sure he was still breathing every morning, telling him it was ok to ask for help, doing what I could to make him comfortable and happy, telling him I wasn't going to hold him to "I'll live forever", telling him it was ok to leave if he had to, just to let me know when he was ready.

He finally told me. I got the message loud and clear. And just in case I missed it or wasn't sure he meant it, he gave me a second sign he was finally ready a few hours later.

So I had the rest of the weekend to say goodbye, to prepare myself for this one last time.

My sweet baby boy is gone. Never to physically follow me where ever I go again.

IMG_8208a.jpg

P1000512.jpg

Ryan_salmon.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

med_gallery_786_2880_3193.jpg

IMG_7360.jpg

med_gallery_786_2880_229422.jpg

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{{{{{{{{{{Trudy}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{Jeff}}}}}}}}}}

Godspeed, sweetest boy. Happy fishing over the Bridge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so terribly sorry. It's never easy, even when you know it's coming. At least he is running pain free now.

Guest DoofBert

{HUGS}

He may not physically follow you, but he'll be in your hearts forever!

Godspeed Ryan.... Chase across the sky and slelep on the clouds.... be sure to send sign to the momma and daddieman ever once and while.!

Oh, I'm so sorry, Trudy & Jeff...

The pictures are beautiful...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm so so sorry. Even though he had so many struggles, he clearly led a rich and full life.

Rest in peace, handsome boy.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a well-traveled and very loved guy. Run free sweet Ryan.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest PhillyPups

:bighug to you and Jeff. I am so very very sorry, but know there are no words.

Ryan will be your shadow forever, he will be behind you when the wind is blowing in your hair, he will never leave you.

Never a sweeter soul walked this Earth. I am so very sorry for your loss of your precious Ry-Ry, Trudy and Jeff. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I am so very sorry.

He was a fighter. He will be missed.

Hugs to you.

Your pictures capture his personality and beauty so well. You can clearly see the love that exists between the two of you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Trudy and Jeff, I am so sorry your boy had to leave you. He will be missed by so many.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I am so sorry Trudy. :( He knew the best type of love from you.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

:cry1 God Speed Ryan...

What a wonderful group of pictures, I am so sorry for your loss of your precious boy..

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Beautiful pictures that are a wonderful tribute. The photo of the footprints says it all.....because they certainly do leave their footprints all over our hearts.....What a magnificent boy! Godspeed, Ryan.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

We are so very sorry for your loss of such a sweet soul. Knowing does not make it easier. You comforted him and loved him and he knew it. He was certainly a very special hound who clearly loved you. Condolences and he will live forever in your heart, photos and memories. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Jeff and Trudy, I am so very sorry :( :( :( :( :cry1 :cry1

it is NEVER easy :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Trudy & Jeff - I'm so very, very sorry :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Ryan was so beautiful. Rest in peace, sweet boy... :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.