My Boy Flash Is Back!

Guest azlorenz

Guest azlorenz

I can't believe this! He ate 3 jars of his baby food between 3 and 7 this morning. Tansy was in here begging some jerky treats off me and he just staring at me so I offer him some like I have a million times since we brought him home and he ATE IT!!!!!!! So I run to the kitchen and warm up some chicken breast sure he won't eat it AND HE ATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very happy :yay

Edited by azlorenz

That is awesome news!!! :bounce1 The Flash man is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest azlorenz

yay.gifyay.gif

Okay, I admit it, it made me cry

Me too! We're off to have the Fentynol patch removed. I have to admit that I think it has probably lived its life span and that is why he is eating. It is a wonderful pain killer but the side effects are no fun.

so happy to hear this - rivie is loving he r ck breasts as well (if i process in the processor - lol) good boy flash!!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif for Rivie and Flash!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest azlorenz

Way to go Rivie!!!!

The chicken breast I fed him I now find out had Fajita seasoning on it (per husband). I grabbed the wrong stuff but whatever he ate it and liked it.

We just got back from getting his Fentynol patch removed. Can you believe the tech asked us if we wanted another. I'm sure the look on my face spoke volumes. I politely said "HELL NO". We did get to see the surgeon and he was pleasantly surprised at how good Flash looked. He had been concerned about Flash's bruising and the call he got from our regular vet after her home visit. I told him yes, we would have been terrified if it hadn't been for our fellow greyhound people warning us of everything to expect. I had printed out everything you all had provided me and gave it to him(OSU info, What to expect from Amputation, Amicar info). I told him that I wanted him to have it to help someone else down the road. He said he'd read it and hope to never use it but if the opportunity arose he'd have the info. We go back in 10 days to have the staples removed and the path report should be in the end of this week.

Edited by azlorenz

Wow that is quick to have the patch removed! I am sure it's a potent pain killer and makes these pups completely loopy. How is Flash walking/hopping? Did he go into the vet on his own? With you holding his lease that is. :D

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif Hey sounds like a reason to celebrate with cheeseburgers for everyone! I hear Mickey Ds is "giving away" Smoothies, too! Sounds good, huh? Flash - meet you there! My treat!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest azlorenz

Wow that is quick to have the patch removed! I am sure it's a potent pain killer and makes these pups completely loopy. How is Flash walking/hopping? Did he go into the vet on his own? With you holding his lease that is. :D

This was day 5 of the patch so off it came. When we left for the hospital I opened the garage door and he immediately turned around. I convinced him it was OK and after that he was pretty good. Even went back with the tech on his own but was happy to come right back out of there. He is resting quite ccmfortably at the moment hopefully waiting for his yummy supper. However, I think I better put some duck jerky on it because that seems to be his favorite thing at the moment. How is Charlie doing?

That is wonderful news! I think you will see him progressing steadily after this. You can both get on with the job of healing.

Keep up the good work, sweet boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest ChasesMum

Way to go Flash!!

Did he have any skin side effects? george's Fentanyl patch left him sounding like he had rice krispies under his skin. :blink:

Guest azlorenz

He has a rash where it was stuck on but that is all I've noticed. So far..

AND Flashy Man ate grain free kibble, a little steak and yogurt for supper. Then a little chicken breast with his medications at 7pm. It is so nice to have him back.

Edited by azlorenz