Welcome Home Baby Harry!

Guest UESBrindle

Guest UESBrindle

Such a cutie! Take lots and lots of pictures, they grow fast! Welcome to the landshark world! And bitter apple is your friend...

Forgot to mention if you are crating him, put the crate in your bedroom at night. They tend to sleep better near their people, although they will wake you up a lot quicker that way. Dallas had to go out about every 3 hours at that age, and don't give in to the crying in the crate unless it's just a quick potty trip outside.

We do have the crate in the bedroom, but after we take him out in the middle of the night to pee, once we put him back in he screams and cries. We leave him in, but even then we have 2 options 1.) ignore him = we don't sleep/neighbors hate us/he eventually falls asleep or 2.) sing to him/talk to him/lay down near the crate (but even then he's still screaming) and he eventually stops.

The first night he woke up 3 times, the 2nd and 3rd nights he's woken up twice each night.

Yesterday during the day he managed to hold it from 8-1 and from 130-530... either that or his mess evaporated because I didn't feel anything in his crate that was wet!! Today he didn't make it till 1, but I figure at this point that's the norm.

So far he loves to chew on his deer antler, and the spray bottle of water is enough of a deterrent for him to stop chewing while we're at home. I need to figure out YouTube so I can post some cute video of him playing with his reflection!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mowreyAZ

Oh the smell of puppy breath, the kisses, and the downy fluff of puppy fur. Enjoy it all before the terrible twos, and teenhood, and growth spurts take over.

Guest CorbysMom

My very first greyhound ever was Harrison. I hope your Harry is just as wonderful and sweet and loving as my Harry was. Welcome home, baby boy!! :D

I believe you promised video.... :D

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)