Shane 1997 - 2010

Guest paulownedbyfour

Guest paulownedbyfour

Today was the day that our Irish Boy told us it was time. Last year we lost our beloved Lucky on the third weekend of the month of July as well. Shane., Lucky is waiting for you at the bridge. Run to him and meet him, as you both run free together on this day.

An Irish Funeral Prayer

Death is nothing at all.

It does not count.

I have only slipped away into the next room.

Everything remains as it was.

The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.

Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name.

Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.

Put no sorrow in your tone.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.

Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.

Let it be spoken without effort

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.

There is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.

All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.

One brief moment and all will be as it was before.

How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.

IMG_0854-1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fandogs

Dear Paul and Anthony,

We are so happy that Shane (*Sheanor) had you for family after he left us at the farm. He was a lucky dog.. and you both were lucky to have had his spirit dwelling in your lives.

He will be forever remembered by all who knew him...here

And thank you for that lovely Irish prayer.. it's most fitting for such a regal dog.

Run Free Sheanor.. enjoy the friends and family... keep your spirit close by. sheanor2.jpg[/img]

Love

Maxine and all the farm folks

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your precious Shane. Run free beloved angel.

And that prayer was so beautifuland fitting; I had not heard it before.

Guest PhillyPups

Paul,

What a beautiful tribute to such a very special boy. You gave Shane the joy of retirement and the hardest gift we can ever give our hounds, the gift of letting go with dignity, grace and most importantly love.

It will be hard walking into yur home without Shane pushing through your pack with his pet me pet me first way.

I am here for you my friend ~

Run with the angels Sweet Shane, you are with the very very best ~

Pat

Dear Paul and Anthony,

We are so sorry to read of Shane's passing. Please accept our most sincere sympathy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest 3greysinPA

I'm so very sorry :cry1 for the loss of this gorgeous hound.. but you gave him the greatest gift.. to run free :gh_run ... run with out pain.. :gh_run

Your tribute is beautiful and touching.... :grouphug:grouphug .

f_yellow my deepest sympathy to you both. f_yellow

paul, i'm sorry to learn of this. i'm glad that i did get the chance to meet him when i visited you and your pack on my trip to philly.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Dear Paul and Anthony, I am so very sorry for your loss. Though you knew it was coming it does not make it any easier. I am very greytful that you gave him the best home he could have. He could not have found better. You spoiled him and gave him the best of everything.

My heart hurts for the pain the two of you are feeling right now.

My deepest sympathy and condolences.

flowers_red.gif

sue

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Shane.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.