Jed

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

Hard to believe that it has been a year since Jed "went back to Tennessee". That Saturday evening was no different than any other. It was final turnout for the evening. Both dogs came back in, but Jed was having some problem in his mouth. I thought he had a stick or something caught in there. He ran to his crate and plopped down, but couldnt get comfortable. He came to me and then it all went downhill. I will spare you the details, but safe to say maybe 90 min later, he was gone. I was in such shock that I didn't order a necropsy, and I regret it to this day. we suspect some type of hemangiosarcoma since he spewed blood from his mouth and essentially bled out.

He was such a good boy. When I got him, he was about as stressed as a dog could be. It would take him about 2 min. to totally destuff a stuffy. It got so bad I had to lock the toys up. A funny thing soon happened, the longer he was with me, the calmer he became. He found the joys of the couch and soon I could start to leave the stuffies out. He would love to run in the bedroom and jump on the bed to greet me in the morning. He would rub his shoulder on the bed then cuddle up with me and put his head on my chest. One of his favorite toys was also the simplest...a tennis ball....The chuck-it was the best investment I had ever made.

He raced as JD Town Hero and with Mama Caffie's blessing, I named Skilly Hero in his memory...

I miss you buddy. We will met again one day

JD Town Hero aka Jed

10-3-04 - 7-18 -09

My big brindle boy

:candle

making himself at home minutes after arriving at my house

106x9ig.jpg

snuggling close with his new sister within hours

105o5z5.jpg

even closer with althea

1zxb0xi.jpg

Gone much too soon.

Watch over your daddy, sweet handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jed was such a charmer and I remember so well those first pictures of him settling in with Althea. His coloring was striking - such a handsome boy. It was a very sad day to learn of his sudden and tragic passing. What a heartbreak for you that this gorgeous pup had to leave you so young.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I remember this all to well when Jed passed. It was sudden and shocking. I hope he is with Ember even though they never met in this world, I am sure they are getting along fine.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jettcricket

Oh Tom...I remember how shocked and saddened I was to hear about your beautiful boy. Much too young to be taken.

Hugs to you on his one year.....

It has been a year? Wow. Like so many, I remember that kick to the gut when I read of his untimely passing. Jed, you're still missed, big guy. Gone too soon. Godspeed.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest SoulsMom

It has been a year? Wow. Like so many, I remember that kick to the gut when I read of his untimely passing. Jed, you're still missed, big guy. Gone too soon. Godspeed.

Me too :( We miss you Jed.

Tom :grouphug

Guest LolaNLucy

I can't believe it's been a year. You've been through so much Tom and it reminds me to hug my girls repeatedly because you just never know.

Guest how888

I can't believe it's been a year.. I remember when he passed over.. I know Jed is with you in spirit always... I know he and Nike are up over that rainbow watching over us... :f_red:f_red:f_red