Osteo Diagnosis

Guest azlorenz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, Dr. Dressler's book is a good read. I got mine from a special person and it does make a lot of sense and the section that you mention Jen is a really good read. It just makes sense and helps put your mind where it needs to be.

I am glad to hear that Flash and Neyla are doing well. My Charlie boy is doing well and does some serious running when Shelby gets going especially now with the cooler weather. Charlie has no difficulty keeping up with, intercepting and letting her know he is still the best racer in the family. We go for Chemo #4 next Wednesday and this time it's my turn to take him in. Hopefully everything goes well and I can't wait to get home and see my boy after being away for a few days.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Glad Charlie continues to do well too! :yay I know that you will be there front and center making sure nothing goes wrong this time with the catheter or anything else. <_<

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest racergirl435

I let my sweet baby girl go today. :weep I will miss her so much. :brokenheart

Thank you all for your kindness & support, it helped me so much. :grouphug

Hug your babies & give them a kiss for me.

Dee

Just saw this...I'm so sorry Dee. Hugs for you. Where in NY are you? I'm in the Buffalo area.

Any updates on Bing? I am getting worried since we haven't heard anything. :(

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest racergirl435

Kiki, when my Seymour had an infection in his right left leg (it looked a lot like the tumor on Bing's leg at one point) I took him to the e-vet and they expressed the pustule. From that point on and for about the next 3 days it seeped blood and puss. I'm sure Bing's leg situation is a little different but thought what I did for Seymour might help him. Anyway, I would put warm compresses on it with slight pressure for 15-20 minutes at a time several times a day. In between that, I just kept it wrapped with gauze in case it "broke" in between. Seymour was a good boy and never once chewed the bandages. Funny how they we're trying to help them.

Dave and I helped Bing over the bridge early this afternoon. He was my heartdog - and my heart feels crushed.

From my last post - the seeping bleeding thing stopped the next day and life carried on. He was OK, he seemed usual with a just a bad night here and there. Then very early this morning, Saturday starting around 2 am - he just could not find relief. It was so horrible to watch and I knew he was ready and I thought I was too . . . yet I'm a hot mess.

Last week I took these pics of him out in the yard (and a few in the spare bed - read dog bed) with his sister Cami:

003-1.jpg

002-Copy.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-Copy.jpg

026-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

016-Copy.jpg

Bing had a good day in the sun! :) ( I have some additional great photos but seem to be having mega trouble with photobucket - making my head pound!

Thanks everybody for all of the thoughts and prayers - I will continue to check in and see how others are doing and hopefully be able to offer some advice (meh - ?) or at least can offer a strong shoulder to lean on . . . . :)

i am so sorry to hear about bing -- what a beauty! loved the photos in the sun.....please accept my shoulder to cry on - i'll join you in a good rant against this awful os -- my thoughts and sympathy are with you -

still following the thread and cheering for each of you --

I am very sorry to hear about Bing. I hope he is perched on a cloud and basking in the sun with Sirocco, Rivie, Chase,Abby and the rest of our bridge babies. Please know that we are with you in your grief.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Dave and I helped Bing over the bridge early this afternoon. He was my heartdog - and my heart feels crushed.

From my last post - the seeping bleeding thing stopped the next day and life carried on. He was OK, he seemed usual with a just a bad night here and there. Then very early this morning, Saturday starting around 2 am - he just could not find relief. It was so horrible to watch and I knew he was ready and I thought I was too . . . yet I'm a hot mess.

Last week I took these pics of him out in the yard (and a few in the spare bed - read dog bed) with his sister Cami:

003-1.jpg

002-Copy.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-Copy.jpg

026-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

016-Copy.jpg

Bing had a good day in the sun! :) ( I have some additional great photos but seem to be having mega trouble with photobucket - making my head pound!

Thanks everybody for all of the thoughts and prayers - I will continue to check in and see how others are doing and hopefully be able to offer some advice (meh - ?) or at least can offer a strong shoulder to lean on . . . . :)

Kiki, my heart goes out to you and Dave. Bing is at rest and no longer suffering. Many of us are facing this and I feel it like it's my dog every time one of our greys goes to the bridge. I'm hugging you. :gh_runner:grouphug Run free Bing

Edited by roselle

I cannot sleep tonight - it is 4 am in CST. I'm so very touched by everyone caring for me during this . . . it is so surreal. . . even now I can't believe it. The little dog, Cami, I don't know what to do with her . . . Bing just kinda always bossed her around, maybe not a good thing, but she never seemed to mind, looked at him for what to do, loved him, and has never lived without him - she wasn't quite two when we picked her up. She came right from the track (broken hock) to our house and we just kept her.

I feel awful for her . . . and she has grrrr'd me twice tonight (Cami grrrs but not a lot and never to Dave just me :( ) . I don't know what she is thinking. The vet came to the house and I held Bing's head in my lap and the process was a nice (whatever that would mean) and peaceful process, yet Cami was standing in the background the entire time (my decision to let her do what she would, she's been living the experience) and then, when he was gone, she layed down next to him and we had to make her move so Bing could go to the vet's van. Sad! I know!

Plz know my heart is with all of you and I certainly don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by my experience. I believe the journey will be different for each of us . . . .{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

I will be in touch often and please know every time someone thinks of me and my pooches - it warms my heart - I believe greyhound peeps are special and I love anyone that understands that!!!

I'm so very sorry Bing had to leave you.

Godspeed, sweet handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I have been following this thread and rooting, hoping and sending gentle thoughts to each of you as you travel this path with your beloved greys. Bing's Mom, those recent photos of Bing are beautiful and would be how I will remember and think of your handsome boy. I am so very sorry that it was time for him to go. There is nothing more difficult or selfless than to take one's pain and make it your own. I also hope that Cami settles down and lets you know what she needs. Gentle hugs to you and your family as you adjust to your new normal. Run with the wind, Bing, and let your Mom know that you are fine now.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Kiki,

I am sorry. Bing was a very stunning boy and those pictures of him in the sun are so precious. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. I wish there was more than just words that I could provide.

Bing, run free sweetie, healthy and free... :gh_run

Edited by Charlies_Dad

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Guest ChasesMum

oh kiki I am so sorry that you had to let Bing go. I am sure that he is with Chase and all the others that we have lost.

you gave him such a great home, and its obvious how much you love him.

I think Cami will settle down in a bit, she maybe is asserting herself now that she feels the pack order is all messed up?

Kiki, I'm so sorry that you had to let Bing go. I love those pics of him in the sun, especially the last two with his little bit of gum flapping. :wub: I would imagine Cami is grieving too, and confused about her place in the household now. I imagine with time she will settle down, or you will decide you are ready for a new dog again and that will bring her some confidence. I wish there were something more I could say. :grouphug

I hate to even say this in light of the bad news, but I have to mention that today is 4 months since Neyla was diagnosed. She is holding steady. I continue to wonder why we in particular are so lucky and find myself thinking it's because I could not have handled emotionally what we will deal with eventually otherwise, but that may be giving the world too much credit, it may just be a fluke. Either way, I am so grateful. I got very emotional talking to my friend about this earlier tonight, just so grateful and yet, still scared. Hugs to everyone who has lost their pups and lots of :hope for everyone else who is still doing well.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Rose is hanging in there. She is shedding like mad and definitely not her full self, but she's raring to go out and have fun, and eating better now. Just wanted to update.

Rose is hanging in there. She is shedding like mad and definitely not her full self, but she's raring to go out and have fun, and eating better now. Just wanted to update.

That is good news she is still enjoying everyday things. As I had not heard anything, I had feared for the worst. I hope she continues to have more good days than bad.

Guest racergirl435

Kiki, I am so very for the loss of your heart boy. Having just lost mine, I know how it feels. I too did not sleep right for days and am still struggling. I hope time and the Greytalk community help you heal.

Great new on Neyla. May she be the recipient of a miracle, along with the rest of the hounds struggling with this disease.

That is good news she is still enjoying everyday things. As I had not heard anything, I had feared for the worst. I hope she continues to have more good days than bad.

Me too, so glad to hear that is not the case. Keep fighting Rose!

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Thanks. It's hard to think about it/see her this way, but we're making the most of the time we have left. I'll definitely let you guys know when she passes away.

In light of all the sadness experienced by so many in this thread, I feel a bit guilty posting good news about Joe. But hoping that it might cheer some folks up, here goes.

Joe's personality is as happy and goofy as ever. He is still getting some pain meds to deal with the LS that has gotten worse due to the amp. However you would never know that he is on tramadol. He chased a squirrel the other day and has been busy exploring his domain. He is lucky enough to have an acre of woodland fenced in. Today he woke me up to let me know that the neighbor's cat was intruding on HIS property.

Yesterday, he even chattered his teeth when he was watching me prepare his dinner. I hadn't realized until then how much I missed his teeth chattering. He hasn't done it since well before the diagnosis. He has always been a random chatterer. It is rare enough that it always charms me when he does it.

He has been greatly enjoying the extra 1/2 hour a day of petting that he gets. He is enjoying his new EVO diet. Right now he is squeaking away, working on killing his 3rd stuffy since the amputation.

He also has had no side affects with his chemo so far. He just had his 3rd round last Thursday.

As for me, I am doing a good job at sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the future. Not dealing with the liklihood of losing him seems to be the best I can do right now.

Jane