Pedialyte Expiration Date

Would it be OK to use these pedialyte liquids?

Virbac brand "Rebound OES" expiration date 16 Nov 09 ?

or

generic from Walmart "Parent's Choice" (pediatric) expiration date 05/09 ?

After Gracie's explosive diarrhea in the house yesterday while I was at the hospital with DH yesterday I gave her one Immodium. I didn't have any broth but I did water down some vegetable beef soup.

She has not had any more diarrhea, has peed, doesn't seem to be dehydrated, gums are good. I've got some chicken thawing out to make chicken and rice for her later.

I have to go back to the hospital soon after a sleepless night. Just debating whether I should add some of this expired stuff to the water bowls or not.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

It SHOULD be ok, but maybe not as effective.

I'd probably get some Gatorade or Powerade and just mix it 50/50 in their water.

Hopefully, it was just the stress of everything at the house, and this will resolved soon! The Immodium should help, too. If it continues, I'd start the Flagyl too.

Good Luck, Ducky!

Guest ChasesMum

should be fine - they have to remain stable for a certain time after expiration, then they start to degrade but not spoil.

hope all is well today!

I decided not to chance it with the old stuff and bought some more. No more diarrhea episodes although Gracie is still a bit blah.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest kydie

If I open a bottle of pedialyte and don't use it all, I just stick in my freezer, bottle and all, so it lasts a loooong time here, and I always have it on hand :)