Is There A "dog-Nip" Like Therer Is Catnip?

Guest sorenkkg

Guest sorenkkg

My neighbor has a shrub, nothing special that I can tell, that Aleeya just puts her face in and STANDS there. It's the WEIRDEST thing. She does it to a certain extent with other shrubs, and I know Haka loves the cedar trees and just about any evergreen.

But this thing with Aleeya is just weird. The neighbors cut the shrub back this past year, and cleared out another vine that was growing in among the branches... and as it grows back (the shrub) Aleeya is right back in it.

It's like she just zones out.

So-- the kids are 10.5-- is this an age thing? Is she losing it? Is she smelling something no one else is? Anyone ever see this?

She's not eating the leaves or anything at all, btw... just standing there with her face in the leaves.

weirdo. blink.gif

Guest sorenkkg

GENIUS!!!

She looks exactly like the dog standing in the christmas tree (which is :lol: btw)! I wonder why she chooses this bush, but like I said, she does do it with some other shrubs too. I wasn't going to ask but I'm so glad I put it out there colgate.gif

Ok, so, she is sort of stoned then rolleyes.gif which we kinda thought, but with all her other medical stuff going on, I was wondering if the cause of her Uveitis was a brain tumor or something unsure.gif

SO GLAD to hear this is normal, and I'll be sharing this information for sure-- actually, here's the link for other folks to check out (also see the Grinning section, she does that too and it's a hoot)

http://grassmereanimalhospital.com/other_greyhound_things.htm

thank you thank you thank you!

I've never had a grey who trances until we got Toni. She has certain bushes she likes to use for it, there are other used for rubbing against, and others she ignores completely. I can;t figure out her ranking system or I'd plant some of the ones she likes in more accessible areas instead of right next to the fence!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest auforygirl

Is there a reason why you don't have a picture of this adorable behavior? I realize this isn't the cute and funny but I think we should have the same rules. And you don't have the excuse that it happens too fast...

Guest sorenkkg

Is there a reason why you don't have a picture of this adorable behavior? I realize this isn't the cute and funny but I think we should have the same rules. And you don't have the excuse that it happens too fast...

:lol::lol I will take a cell pic today, since as you mention, it's not like I can't get her to do it and be there long enough for a pic :lol

I do have to say though, she trances without getting her back tickled by leaves... she just sticks her head in and then stays there... rolleyes.gif

Will post later today with a pic I'm sure :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fluffy

Badger does this too, although he goes in headfirst and keeps moving rather than stand in one place. It even overrides what sense of self-preservation he has (if any, the goober!) - he'll stick his head into thorn bushes and everything. The other day, a raspberry bush actually fought back, and he came away with a nick on his ear that bled like there was no tomorrow. Scared the heck out of me until I realized what had happened, but it doesn't seem to have dissuaded him at all!

Guest katieandpadfoot

My Girl Katie kinda does this...she is obsessed with plants and bushes....especially Day Lillies. She will just stand there with her nose in them...but I also think she is sniffing while she is doing it...so is that trancing or just really intense sniffing

Guest sorenkkg

Ok, better late than never-- Here is Aleeya and her favorite shrub rolleyes.gif

She'll do it with just her face in various other plants and long grasses, so I'm not sure the plant has to be touching her on the back... she just zones out blink.gif

But it's sort of funny, as long as she does eventually come along when I give her leash a little tug...

gallery_12126_3175_191666.jpg

My pug used to rub on the edges of the beds. One Christmas I was trying to figure out why the star on the tree was facing the wrong way and all of a sudden the tree started turning, very slowly. There she was, rubbing on the bottom branches of the tree. We learned not to put the presents under the tree too early because she would walk over anything to be able to scratch her back with that tree.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE