...and Another Osteo Diagnosis

wednesday we got rivie's biopsy results back - it's osteo. her tumor is on her rib, firmly attached. we drove to oklahoma city yesterday and saw a wonderful vet surgeon for consult, but surgery is not an option this time. we will continue to do what we have always done -- just love her. all advise, thoughts, prayers appreciated - my heart hurts.

I'm sorry. I hope she has a lot of comfortable and happy time yet. :grouphug

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

I'm so sorry. I hope that her condition is slow-moving and that you have time to make many smiles together.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Paige12

I was so sorry to read the title to this thread. My heart is breaking for you. You might think about keeping a journal of this time together. It may be a while til you can read it, but the little moments and thoughts that you have, good and sad can be nice to read later on. I found some notes I had jotted down at the time with Paige and I was surprised at what I had forgotten. Just a suggestion. I will keep you in my prayers. Beth

I am so sorry. I hope that you have many days left together.

The best advice I got when we got the diagnosis was to celebrate each day. A lot of very special memories of my Suzy came from the time she was diagnosed until the time she left. I kept a journal, and took a million pictures. I go back and read the journal often, and look at all the pictures - both bring me such comfort and joy.

:grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I am so very sorry. I hope that much time passes with many good times still to be had by all. You aren't alone - many hearts hurt with you and for you. Update us when you feel like it. In the meantime, sending prayers and hugs of comfort.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh no :( I'm so sorry :(

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest TBSFlame

wednesday we got rivie's biopsy results back - it's osteo. her tumor is on her rib, firmly attached. we drove to oklahoma city yesterday and saw a wonderful vet surgeon for consult, but surgery is not an option this time. we will continue to do what we have always done -- just love her. all advise, thoughts, prayers appreciated - my heart hurts.

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. The rib was were Beacher's tumor was. It grew fast so be prepared. Hawk's was in his shoulder and I believe it was easier and less painful on the rib. We got a good 7 months with Beach.

Oh gosh ... I am so, so sorry. What a horrible thing! Hug your precious hound and make the most of the time you have with her. :cry1

As Paige12 said, keeping some kind of record of things that amuse (yes, there will be some!) or touch you in the time you have left together will be good to have in the future. I couldn't look at the pictures I took, or read anything about her for a very, very long time, but now, I treasure the memories and photos we have of Susan. Not osteo, but kidney cancer ... and the only younger dog we've known was shortly going to leave us. We only had her five and a half months (including the time before the dx), but we packed a lot in.

:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop