Charlie's Has Bone Cancer

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, this just sucks! I'll keep Charlie in my prayers as he faces surgery. Like others, we will be rooting for him to beat this thing!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Thanks everyone for your words and advice. We built our house last year for our pups and it's all one floor. We will be getting more carpets though as the bamboo flooring is already slippery for Charlie when he gets excited. We also have someone who believes they can source a harness for us and I will building a ramp this weekend off the back deck. Considering I asked for photos from others how built ramps only last weekend something was obviously telling me something. Right now we are stunned like everyone is when they get this terrible news as it's all too familiar for many of us.

Kyle

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest azlorenz

I'm so very sorry and now exactly how it feels as our Flash was diagnosed yesterday and went through amputation this morning. His is also his Left Rear Leg. Sending prayers for Charlie.

Oh Kyle, I am so so sorry. Please take comfort in knowing that we will all have your family tucked so very tightly in our prayers.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so very sorry. I know that punched in the gut feeling all to well. All the very best for your sweet Charlie.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest greytmiles

Thinking of your Charlie and your family as you face this new challenge.

I'm rooting for you guys bigtime. :grouphug

Lots of good thoughts, prayers, and healing energy being sent for Charlie.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's devastating. No matter how old our babies are, what the course of treatment, it's always the worst news imaginable. My heart goes out to you.

While I only had 6 months with Diamond post amp, her lungs were always clear. OS hit another leg. But, I can't complain, she was 12 and also started kidney failure. If the OS didn't get her the kidney disease would have.

So very sorry to hear your news. :cry1 Osteo is SUCH a monster. :angry: Taking quick action might just be the ticket for your precious boy. And it's easier to be a rear leg tripod, for what it's worth. Sending loads of prayers and light to Charlie and his loving family. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh no :ohno:cry1 I am so, so sorry to read this, Kyle. I will be keeping Charlie in my thoughts tomorrow, and hoping the surgery goes well.

We are here for you. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry. I hope he recovers quickly from his surgery, and enjoys a long and happy life.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh my heart dropped when I saw this Kyle....my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Carol & Molleigh

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Kyle, I am so sorry to hear this. Charlie is such a wonderful boy. I'll be praying that it was caught in time. Just look at Marc & Barbara's boy, Beast. He had cancer in his front leg and is now post amputation going on 8 months and all is clear. There is certainly hope out there.

Keeping you and Lynn in my thoughts and prayers.

Cassie, Ranger & Tracy

Guest Paige12

I'm so very sorry and now exactly how it feels as our Flash was diagnosed yesterday and went through amputation this morning. His is also his Left Rear Leg. Sending prayers for Charlie.

Keeping Flash in my thoughts and prayers, along with Charlie. Having had a front leg tripod for myself, I would agree, your hounds once they learn a little bathroom balancing will do great. Beth

Dammit! So sorry to hear, Kyle. As you know, there are several of us 'local'...if there is anything we can do, just say the word. We are 15-20 mins south of Alta Vista Animal Hospital.

Edited to say - we have a Webmaster harness we can loan you if it would help Charlie at all.

Edited by BrucieDad

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road