Merlin's Surgery Is Tomorrow...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, in recovery! Hoping his bumps turn out to be "just bumps" on the path report.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Great news that everything went well!

The Wizard will be back to his old self soon. colgate.gif

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Great News!!!! :yay We will be praying for a Negative result!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Glad to hear the procedures went well. Sending prayers for a good biopsy report.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Thanks again.

I'm just a bit worried (I know, I know, I'm a worry wart) about his creatinine levels. They were elevated even for a greyhound - 2.2. If his BUN was normal, do I need to worry?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

What is normal creatinine according to your lab? If it's something like 1.6 or 1.8 at the top end and BUN is normal, then no, you don't need to worry about 2.2. Greyhound normal. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you!!! I was hoping you'd say that :gmark Yes, that was exactly the range indicated as normal on the chart the vet tech showed me.

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

The kidney values might have been elevated if he was slightly dehydrated. You might want to check the SG of his urine. Drop off a first a.m. sample to your vet. It's a super fast check--they can give you immediate results--ideally you would like to see something at or greater than 1.030. Glad he did well during his dental!

Guest PhillyPups

Merlin, make sure to let MuffinHed know that extra treats aid in recovery, that and pizza bones!!

Chanting B9 B9 B9 B9 here

Guest grtgreys

So glad Merlin came through his surgery and dental in good shape! :yay We will keep fingers crossed for good news on the "bumps"! :goodluck

Joanne,

Shelley the wonderful,

Lily the clever

Guest jettcricket

Thank you!!! I was hoping you'd say that w00t.gif Yes, that was exactly the range indicated as normal on the chart the vet tech showed me.

Dave's are always higher too....smile.gif

SSSOOO very happy, happy, happy at the good news about The Wizard. Big hugs and kisses all around! Not to worry about the Creatinine - 2.6 is "normal" around here with a normal BUN, of course. Keeping all fingers, toes, eyes, paws and legs crossed until the pathology report comes back and chanting B9B9B9B9B9!

How is the handsome Merlin doing today?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thanks again.

I'm just a bit worried (I know, I know, I'm a worry wart) about his creatinine levels. They were elevated even for a greyhound - 2.2. If his BUN was normal, do I need to worry?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

My general rule of thumb is that IF all the other kidney values such as BUN, urine protein, and urine specific gravity come back within normal ranges then I would not be alarmed about a creatinine at 2.2 although I would repeat values at least every year to make sure there are no changes.

B9...B9....B9!!!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.