Merlin's Surgery Is Tomorrow...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, everyone. :) Some comments made me a little :crying:blush and I thank you all for your support.

We 're thinking of you here too. Tell Sagan he'll be home in no time

I am working from home at the kitchen table and Sagan keeps coming to say hello and looking for Merlin.... :blush:kiss2 He's rather lost without his brother :wub:

:kiss2 Merlin

And news yet?

No. Too early for that... he should be under right now, though. They told me the surgery was supposed to start around or just after 10am. I am thinking of my wizard and sending all your good vibes his way. I'll update when I have news. I hope he is having sweet dreams 112af9a7.gif

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Everything crossed here for Merlin!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest boondog

I'm thinking good thoughts for Merlin! My DH is the same way. Nothing worries or upsets him. He loves the dogs as much as I do, he just isn't a lunatic like me! :P

UPDATE:

Just heard from the head vet tech! Good news and bad news. First the good news - Merlin did very well under anaesthesia! :yay:confetti:yaypost-12551-1216418977.gifgreenstars.gif They removed the growth on his gum, and he has nice shiny toofers now :colgate Apparently he REALLY needed his dental - the back teeth were covered in tartar (I knew it was time). They didn't have to extract the tooth that the growth was pressing on.

The (possibly) bad news is that DH and I found a little black lump on his side yesterday afternoon. DH was convinced that it was a scab of some sort, but I mentioned it to the vet tech this morning when I dropped Merlin off and so the vet took a look at it during surgery. She was a bit concerned because she noticed that there was a lump UNDER his skin, too, so she removed everything and is sending that to the lab too. We will know (about both growths) in a week. :goodluck :goodluck

I am supposed to call at 2pm to find out when I can go to the vet's office and bring my sweet wizard home. He is still intubated right now, and in recovery, and will probably be asleep for some time yet.

THANK YOU so much for all your good thoughts!!!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest jettcricket

Happy to hear that he's doing fine and recovering from his anesthesia....sending good thougths that his biopsy will come back B-9!!

Give that handsome boy a smooch from me....smile.gif

Good news and we'll keep good thoughts for good test results!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee