Wilbur's Dog Bed

Guest Adrianne

Grieve as long as you need to :grouphug

I still can't bring myself to wash the fleece coat of my Angel 'Tess' seven years on, it has her fur all over it. I've kept it in a memory box with a couple of her fave toys and a poem I wrote :beatheart

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest ss556

Hugs to you Adrienne. I too know how you feel. Even after 15 months, the windows inside the minivan we bought for Alan remain stained from his wet nose "snart". Thank goodness I don't drive it.

I kept a blanket that my 14 year old Springer Spaniel used to sleep with. It smelled like him for the longest time. I used to go and sniff it just to feel close to him.

Many Hugs.

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I, too, completely understand. After Kobie ran away I had nothing as he ran off wearing his collar. I have a soft sided crate that I used to set up for him when the fireworks would go off so he could hide inside of it. I was going to loan it to a friend, I pulled it out, looked down and found one of his paw prints on it. I fell apart, it's really one of the only things I have of his. I put it away. A friend and I are going to preserve the print, cut it out of the bottom of the crate and frame it.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest DoofBert

I understand. In our case, Sir D's bed was kept in place.... Eventually, Sir D sent Bacchus to fill it! (It took about 9 months)

Hugs

Guest Javasmom

I understand, it is 6 months later and I cry everytime I think of Java. I have lots of good memories, but I just can't seem get past the HUGE hole he left in my heart. :(

Guest greysonly

I totally understand. I sleep with Jazz's little blanket that I used to cover him at night with. I was going to fold it up and put it away the other day and I just started crying and put it back next to my pillow. I know how hard it is. :grouphug

Guest SoulsMom
:(:grouphug I know how you feel. My bird Blitzen died on 1/23. I couldn't bring my self to clean up his area where his birdcage sat until after my Dad passed away. Everything sat there just the same from January until May. I just couldn't do it. I STILL find myself doing things as if Blitzen were still with us, like not turning on the living room lights if it's still dark out so as to not wake him

Guest koolaidnconner

Although my Winston only passed away last month I still have his bed and food dish in the living room right where he layed. My boyfriend tried to move it on me and that got shot down right away. When the time is right it will happen...

((((HUGS))))