Wilbur's Dog Bed

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

I've been cleaning my house the last few days--one of those big cleanings that includes washing walls and baseboards and getting rid of tons of junk. Anyway, today was my bedroom day. I thought maybe perhaps it was time to put away Wilbur's bed that has lain empty since February 15th. I thought maybe I could finally do it. But when it came time, I found myself shaking the dust out of the pillow & two blankets and folding them neatly back in place beside my side of the bed. I just can't do it. Sigh.....I think they'll just stay there forever.

IMG_9151.jpg

Hugs to you. I have the bed that Polli was lying on when she left us. I didn't even want to wash it. Eventually I did and now it is one of the beds in back of the van.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I know exactly how you feel. When Jack died so unexpectedly, everything in the house was just where he left it...the toys, the shoes, the beds, etc. I say the shoes, because he would always bring my sneakers (or one of them) over to me - because he knew that's what I wore for his walks, but the second I got in from work and took my dress shoes off, he would steal them and hide them. I guess he figured I couldn't leave that way. Those first few days after he died, I kept finding a shoe here and a shoe there. One of them is still where he "hid" it. I guess I'll have to buy a new pair of navy pumps because I can't handle moving it.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Energy11

I totally understand! I have a literal shrine on my wall for Bold Energy, who, will be gone six years on the 17th of this month. sad.gif

{{{{{{{{{{Adrianne}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest caliebsmom

I understand. Moe slept on our bed and I haven't been able to wash the duvet cover since. I know that it's really overdue but I just can't stand the idea of doing it. :grouphug

Guest Smiley

I so understand this feeling. We have an old, scraggly bed (the magical stinky bed) that Smiley loved. It is such a mess and I just do not have the heart to toss it. My mom had a nice idea-she suggested saving the cover, washing it and using parts of it to make a memory quilt at some point. That is something I'm considering. But there are other things in the house that must stay the same-the dog bowls, his blankie and his toy pig. Same goes for Peanut. And there is no rush to move anything. Sending you hugs my friend.

There is no hurry. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:grouphug I understand, I couldn't put away or give away my Dalmatian's bed after she passed away. It stayed right in the middle of the living room until I adopted Mandy (9 months later). It made me feel like she was still here.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I am so sorry, and I too know what that is like.

:weep:grouphug

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest lynne893

My heart goes out to you. I couldn't put Timber's bed away. She passed September 14 last year, and it took until June 23 for me to pack her bed away (forced to-- we moved). It's very hard.

Hugs!

Guest ladyhound

I understand. I am so sorry for your loss. I think it will be much the same for me, I lost my beautiful baby 4 days ago. It was killing me to look at the last bed and the last blanket I ever saw her laying on. I finally put it in my car so that her sister Jade could ride on that bed. That way I did not put it too far away and I thought maybe it would comfort Jade.

It's so hard, I really do get it. I took Luna's second favorite stuffy (her favorite was buried with her) and I put it in a special place so I don't ever wash it.

If it gives you some comfort to have the bed there, then you should leave it. For as long as you want and need to. :bighug

Edited by ladyhound

You'll know what to do with it when the time is right. grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Totally understand. I treasure so many of my houndies things that have passed over. I think it is because it has their energy-some items like Ivy's stuffie-surely have even her DNA. Love is energy too. It all makes sense to me and is very comforting. I also think maybe your heart knows that Wilbur will always be with you and the bed kind of symbolizes that. The mind doesn't understand or know as much as the heart does because its stuck in an earth suit. But the love that is part of our heart is the strongest force in the universe. JMO. grouphug.gif

PS-Please distribute a scritch and kiss to dear sweet Larry and his side kick Ollie!

I can understand...I gave away one of Bailey's collars to a grey that was getting scratched by her old one. I had regretted it and thought I was being silly for feeling sad and not wanting to let go. But it went to a really sweet black girl who is really loved. I know the collar will always mean more to me, but my compassionate side won over. However, I have no issues with Brooke using Bailey's stuff...after all, Bailey paved the way for Brooke.

:grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross