Frontline Plus...

Yesterday was my usual trip to get Frontline Plus for my girls..

I get a 3 month supply, really one month when ya got 3 gretys, purple box. And in the span of a year the price has steadily gone up. A year ago I was getting it for about $32 a box, yesterday it was over $40.

The lady at the supply house told me that they have been having a hard time getting it and the company keeps jacking it up.

Are you folks experiencing the same price hikes?

So from what I have read from other GT'ers, it is time to switch from the once a month Frontline Plus to a once a week misting of Adam's water based flea and tick spray...$40 as opposed to $9 which will last way more then a month..

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

I use revolution on Bu and I've been really happy with it. I'm actually due to buy more and can't remember how much it is. BUT, when I buy it through the vet, they give me free preventic collars, which make it worth my while. Revolution covers, fleas, heartworm and some intestinal things, so I don't need to buy heartgaurd on top of everything else.

Guest Energy11

Greg, I stopped using Frontline Plus when I stopped working for the vet in Florida. Just couldn't afford it! I use Adams Flea and Tick Mist EXCLUSIVELY, every seven days, and NO fleas or ticks.

I think, used regularly, weekly, it will do the trick! colgate.gif

Ours had gone up awhile back but last I checked was competitive with the online places. Most of the year here I do every 45-60 days unless I see a creepy critter, then it's every 30. I *do* go every 30 May-September -- wooded area, and even one tick is too many for me....... For your girls who are on the low end of the size range, it might be more economical to use the Frontline spray instead? Trudy or GreysAndMoreGreys could probably advise -- I've used it but not often enough to know how long the bottle lasts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Fasave

Last time I order was from Amazon. What I've seen is an increase but I'm thinking it cause due to seasonality. It might make sense to stock up during the Winter months when the product is in less demand. I believe over the Winter I paid around $55 for a six month supply with free shipping.

Guest scfilby

I have recently noticed here that Frontline is now available at PetSmart and at Target. Two places I had not seen it before. Each place charges nearly $60.00. It looks to me like the company has expanded into the large retail chains which put a strain on supply.

Anyway, we use Adams spot on. It works well and is about 1/4 of the price.

I get our Frontline Plus from entirelypets.com. For the 45-88# size: 3months = 36.98; 6months = 68.98 and 12month = 134.98. I paid 146.99 for 12months in March, so they have come down. If you join their mailing list, you get frequent offers of 5 or 10% off and/or free shipping at pretty low $. (They also have the best price I have found anywhere for Cosequin-DS.) They do not carry prescription meds-- just over the counter pet things.

With 3, I have had to get serious about price-shopping.

I hope that helps!

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest MyBoys

Greg, I stopped using Frontline Plus when I stopped working for the vet in Florida. Just couldn't afford it! I use Adams Flea and Tick Mist EXCLUSIVELY, every seven days, and NO fleas or ticks.

I have a question, I would love to try using a spray but I am always concerned about my boys licking themselves, since you use a spray how do you prevent that?????

Guest phineas

I get our Frontline Plus from entirelypets.com. For the 45-88# size: 3months = 36.98; 6months = 68.98 and 12month = 134.98. I paid 146.99 for 12months in March, so they have come down. If you join their mailing list, you get frequent offers of 5 or 10% off and/or free shipping at pretty low $. (They also have the best price I have found anywhere for Cosequin-DS.) They do not carry prescription meds-- just over the counter pet things.

With 3, I have had to get serious about price-shopping.

I hope that helps!

Carol

Thanks for sharing this website! I just found a coupon code for 10% off: SIMPLY10 -- makes for an even better purchase price. :)

Works great for my pack too and I don't even use it that often! And as an extra added bonus it is safe-you're not dumping strong toxins in their system.

Guest Energy11

I have a question, I would love to try using a spray but I am always concerned about my boys licking themselves, since you use a spray how do you prevent that?????

I mist LIGHTLY, once every seven days. Mine will lick sometimes, but, it hasn't been a problem. They don't seem bothered by it. I think just doing the light misting, keeps the critters away, without actually wetting them down with the stuff. I do spray it on MY hands to use around their head and in their ears. I haven't used Advantage or Frontline for two years now.

Good Luck!

Works great for my pack too and I don't even use it that often! And as an extra added bonus it is safe-you're not dumping strong toxins in their system.

Yes, it is safe. It has been around for years. The Pyrethrins (*active ingredient) is actually made from the oil of the Chrysanthemum flower.