Another New One!

Guest buttonwillow

Guest buttonwillow

Congrats, she is beautiful!

PS - I think our dogs are ever-so-slightly related :)

Aw they are! :D

And yours is a beautiful brindle too :)

Guest buttonwillow

Congratulations! She's from GFFL in Auburn? I think I recognize the photos from their site :)

She sure is!

One of the cats has taken to sleeping in Josie's crate when Josie is gone (it's very comfortable!). This morning when Josie and I came back from our walk, Josie just went on in and laid down next to the cat. First time! so cute! I wish I could have gotten a picture but when I walked in Josie got right up and came over to me (also very cute!).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest buttonwillow

Well we've had Josie four weeks now and she is doing great.

She is preferring her big round dog bed to her crate now, and sleeps on the bed with us at night :) I may move the crate out of the living room as she never really goes in anymore, except when we are out.

She is so perceptive. During walks i think of her as a dressage horse because all I have to do is think about doing something and she knows. I might slightly lean in one direction and she's ready to go that way.

She's very social, loves children, and comes up to me for scratches. She's still a little unsure about things, and shy, but she now wags her tail when she sees us. :blush

I accidentally locked her in her crate with one of the cats, who has been sleeping on Josie's beds and had snuck into the crate in the dark, for an entire night during her second week with us. I didn't even know it until I woke up the next morning and there they were lying next to each other :eek

I am getting a lot more exercise myself and have lost five pounds B) I am enjoying coming home from work in the middle of the day to walk with her. We go on little errands (to buy her a bone at the pet shop nearby, etc.) and meet people. It's fun. She's a fantastic addition to our household. :blush

Edited by buttonwillow

Welcome from Gainesville, Florida!

Josie is just gorgeous and it sounds like you've hit the jackpot!!

Congratulations!!!:clap:confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Welcome! Josie is very pretty.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest buttonwillow

Josie has been with us for just over two months now. She sleeps on her bed and our bed (she lets me know when it's bedtime), and we only use the crate now for meals, some treats, and when we have to leave her. She had some accidents when we left her out of the crate, but we will try it again.

She is still a little unsure of things but is getting the hang of it. She's very respectful of the cats and loves other dogs (I know she would like a friend in the house, but we have enough animals). She is not at all bothered by city noises and actually prefers walking down the shopping streets to walking in the park. She loves looking in the shop windows. She's very calm with children we meet on walks.

She licked my hand for the first time two nights ago :wub:

Yesterday she laid her head in my lap :wub: and when we were at the beach, she played for the first time! She chased the waves and picked up a piece of kelp and tossed it. It was so cute :wub:

picture

packdog

Edited by buttonwillow