Please Think Good Thoughts!

What an awful thing to happen. Hugs to all of you. Hope Fast heals quickly and well, and without too much cone time.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there, done that (twice) and now my three hate other dogs. So sad.

Praying that Fast recovers physically and emotionally. As far as Angel is concerned, she's my kinda gal; kick butt and take names. You go girl!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Dana

My dad was walking Angel and Fast around they block this am. When they got attacked by a neighbors unleashed dog! My dad said the dog saw them and the charged them. Fast got the worst of it! He has bite marks over and under his left eye. And several other puncuture marks on the right side of his face and both of his front legs. And he manged to loose a tooth too. He didn't just break it. He manged to rip it out. I saw the hole in his mouth where the tooth was. Angel is fine. My dad said she was biting the dog in the butt that was attacking Fast!

So my Fast dog is over at the vet's getting sewn back together!

Oh My Gosh!! This makes me SO ANGRY!! Greys are so sweet natured and the thought of this makes me wanna bite nails! Prayers going out to you and Fast and poor Angel that tried her best to help.

Oh, your poor babies! And your poor Dad, to have to experience something as scary as that. People are right---an attack can harm mentally as well as physically. I hope that Fast continues to recover quickly, in every way.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Bang_o_rama

And he manged to loose a tooth too. He didn't just break it. He manged to rip it out. I saw the hole in his mouth where the tooth was. Angel is fine. My dad said she was biting the dog in the butt that was attacking Fast!

Kudos to Angel! This could add to the "are greys protective?" discussion. And with any luck, Fast's tooth will be found embedded in the attacking dog as well.

~D~

Fast seems like he's doing much better today. Right now he's actually laying next to me on his dog bed roaching. So he mustn't feel too bad? Either that or it's the pain meds that are making feel good!

He has around a dozen or so stitches in his face and on his head. He also has some on both front legs. And he also has some disslovable ones in his mouth.

The poor guy looks like Frankenstein! And yesterday after it happened I wanted to check Angel over to make sure she was ok and she was. She was afraid to come to me. I think she was afraid that I would yell at her,bit I didn't I just wanted to make sure she was ok and tell her what a good girl she was for trying to help her brother out! That's my sassy girl! Freddie is fine too! He was at home when that attack happened. My dad took Freddie first and then he came back for Angel and Fast!

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

Guest jettcricket

Poor baby is right....I'd be livid!!! Add me to list of that being one of my worst fears...

Sending good healing thoughts to your sweet boy...and Angel too. What a good sister she is in trying to help her bro.

I hope Fast continues to recover well. Poor boy. I thought the vet bill was very reasonable and hope the woman pays it!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Paige12

So glad Fast is doing better. It really does make me remember to be even more vigilant when DH and I are walking the kids. We have both talked about the time we were walking our greys and our daughters golden at one of the big metro parks here in the Akron area and a man was walking towards us with a Rottie that was totally out of control, lunging and dragging him towards us, ferociously barking his head off. We both turned and went in an arc around him, but the dog was literally frothing at the mouth trying to get at ours. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. We both agree we would have kicked the #%&t out of the dog if it had gotten anywhere near our dogs, and I hate feeling that way, but seriously, this dog had issues!! What was he (the owner) doing walking it in a public park with people, kids and dogs all over the place? I'm also glad your Dad called the police so quickly, sounds like you had an officer who was really on the ball, what with going to the vet and taking pics and all. Keeping Fast in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Beth

Guest SusanP

Poor puppers! I'm glad Fast is recovering. Be prepared for both of them to have some psychological trauma from this event. How horrible!

Oh Sarah, I just read this and this news is just awful!! Poor Fast!! I am so glad your dad is kicking and screaming at the stupid dog owner lady!!

Many wishes for a full recovery and I'm glad to hear the West Bend police are on the ball with this one. Now I can only hope the payment of the vet bills goes as smoothly.

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background