Sore Mouth

My two boys had their first dentals yesterday. One is doing just fine - the other doesn't want to eat anything that he has to chew....even pasta. He will eat ground tuna, pumkin, and lick chicken broth. When our old boy had a dental and had 17 teeth removed, he was trying to eat by the next morning!! Anybody out there have a more delayed willingness to chow??

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Energy11

Sorry his little mouth is sore!

I'd stick with the soft food for about five days, at least. Some of the canned dog food can also be made mushy with some water.

Sending him lots of hugs!

Guest BooBooMama

Maybe his gums are irritated. Do they look red or swollen? If so, he may need some antibiotics. Otherwise give him a few days of soft food and started adding just a few easy to eat solids slowly.

Ekko just had her first dental and it was 3 days before she would eat rolleyes.gif

And it was canned food for 8 days

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Thanks everyone! I know I'm worrying unnecessarily, but my other ones have rebounded quickly! I just ground up one of my mom's meatballs! He doesn't even want to eat pasta. He just licks it and spits it out. We'll try the meatballs.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Mom's meatballs did the trick tonight!! Leave it to Grammy to have the cure. I was able to get his pain meds and antibiotics in him tonight. I got the antibiotics in this morning - but he didn't want to hear it w/the pain meds....so vicious circle, I think!

That is good he is accepting of the meatballs. I hope he improves and gets his appetite back soon.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

That is good he is accepting of the meatballs. I hope he improves and gets his appetite back soon.

He's doing much better today. It's almost like he got his confidence when he ate the meatball...and realized that they didn't hurt that badly! Thank you for the encouragement!lol.gif

Unless he's underweight, I would just let him be and give him lots of broth and then introduce solids in the broth. Protect his stomach with Pepcid - no point in making him feel any worse than he already does by adding an upset tummy caused by the meds! Hope he rebounds quickly!

p.s. Mom's meatballs always work for me!lol.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead