Help! Don't Know What To Do Here

Guest dray1965

Guest dray1965

My poor Bailey has diarrhea and he also eats a little grass quite often. It started last Thursday when he went from having formed stool to soft. Thursday night, it came out very very watery which freaked me out. Friday, same thing. Now, he doesn't go a lot, just when he goes out on his regular scheduled "business" trips, so it's not like he's begging to go out every hour or anything. Friday night I did some online research and found the chicken and rice cure that I'd heard about before, it also said to fast the dog for 12 to 24hrs. Saturday, poor Bail got no food and I'm sure he couldn't figure out why. Sunday, he got one cup of chicken and 2 cups of rice for breakfast, there were no poops til 2pm that afternoon, but it was formed and I was happy, dinner was the same chicken and rice combo. Monday, fed twice a day chicken and rice again, I did give him a little peanut butter. Bailey didn't go again until last night after dinner, and had a little diarrhea. Today I gave him 1 cup of his food and 1 cup of rice. Within 15 mins after eating he cried to go out and he flew to his favorite patch of grass and another episode of watery diarrhea and I could see the rice all in it too. He hasn't been seen by his puppy doctor yet. But, I'm not sure what the heck I should do now. Any advice would be so much appreciated and want my little boy to be well. I have had him for 6 months, he is six years old and has no other issues.

Thanks all!

Unless the *chicken was very fatty I would suspect something like giardia (vet will want a stool sample). Give your dog some Pedialyte or Gatorade/Lucosade to help keep him hydrated and the ion balance right. See the vet tomorrow.

* if the chicken was not the food you described then your dog could be allergic to the foodstuff.