Slight Limp

Guest jphalver

Guest jphalver

I live in Chicago and live on the second floor of a flat. This morning one of my boys, Jock, was making his morning trip outside when he slipped on a couple of the steps in the corridor. At first, I didn't think that anything was wrong. He continued to go outside and come back up. Now it is evening and he has been limping around the house. I don't know if it is just tender from the small fall or if it is something more serious. He did come back up the stairs tonight but needed assistance going down. I think it is a combination of being spooked from early and being in a little pain. Is there anything that I can give/do to help assist the limping/pain until I see if it is serious enough to make a trip to the vet? He has been known to be a bit of a drama queen, but what hound isn't? Of course these things always happen on holidays! :-)

Thanks for any and all input. I appreciate it.

You could try using a towel as a sling to support him as he does the stairs until he gets his confidence back.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Energy11

If you think he is hurt, you can give (1) 81 mg low-dose aspirin (I'd also give it with a Pepcid AC to help his stomach). This should NOT be done long-term, though.

I like the idea of using a sling as well, for the stairs. If he doesn't seem better in a few days, I'd see the vet, for an exam and x-rays, just to be on the safe-side.

Hope he feels better sooN!