White Spot Of Pigment On Nose?

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

See the little white dot at the start of Sophia's nostril? What is that? What could it be? It's been a couple months. It has not changed, and as far as I can tell it's not raised and does not hurt her at all. Any ideas? I've been meaning to ask.

028.jpg

PS isn't that Midnight Rose 2Hounds collar awesome on her? :wub:

If it's just loss of pigment, small area, no change in texture,.... it's just loss of pigment. :lol Happens sometimes. AFAIK nothing pathological and nothing you can change.

Edited by Batmom

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

If it's just loss of pigment, small area, no change in texture,.... it's just loss of pigment. lol.gif Happens sometimes. AFAIK nothing pathalogical and nothing you can change.

Our Staggerlee, almost 10, has a small amount of pigment change on his cute nose as well. Nothing rough or any skin changes, just the pigmentation. I haven't been concerned.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Ok! I have seen Golden Retrievers' noses fade in winter, all over, but hers is just one white dot. VERY odd! :) As long as baby girl is okay, I'm happy :wub:

You can see it even better in this one from about a month ago:

20100410_12.jpg

Dude has them - two of them, one on each side of his nose on top. They go away sometimes and then come back. No rhyme or reason and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Do you use plastic bowls? My Ridgeback had "fadey nose syndrome" and the vet told me it was an allergic reaction to the plastic bowls. No more plastic, no more fadey nose.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Nope, only metal. Weird!

Maybe from the muzzle? :unsure

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

That was my thought, too, after reading that. She wears it only occasionally- maybe thirty minutes once every week to two weeks. Strange. Maybe it's just part of her cuteness :)

That was my thought, too, after reading that. She wears it only occasionally- maybe thirty minutes once every week to two weeks. Strange. Maybe it's just part of her cuteness :)

It's a beauty mark! :wub:

Could she have nicked her nose on something? Manero had a spot like that after he caught a squirrel and it fought back! (except his was on the *very top* of his nose) I had to touch it up with cheap mascara to show him, but he finished his CH the next weekend!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

I posted this a while back Gracie's nose My Photobucket link dropped the pictures but here they are:

002-5.jpg

021-2.jpg

This too started as a simple pigment change. Several months later it changed and had red spots within it and protruded.

My vet had never seen anything like it even though it almost resembled lupus. From both the path report from my vet's lab and Dr Cuoto's best guess from the pictures, it came back as benign histiocytoma. Even Dr couto had never seen one present on a nose. She is completely healed from the punch biopsy. :) Incidentally she's had one of these "bumps" come and go on her toe for years.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png