Missing Montauk Windsor

Beckylpa

Montauk Windsor, our best boy Ripken, came into our lives on a very snowy Saturday in March 1999. A silly 20 month old beautiful boy that changed our lives forever. Ripken was the happiest, sweetest dog I had ever met. He loved our daily walks in the neighborhood, truly believing everyone came outside just to see him. And he never disappointed, always giving a smile, a kiss, a roo, or wiggle butt to his admirers. He loved the neighborhood kids and often tried to get on the school bus with them. We are very thankful for the six years Ripken was a part of our family. Of course it was not near long enough. It was hard to see him suffer that last month as we tried so hard to get him healthy again. Ripken opened the door to greyhounds for us and we are so thankful for that. Happy birthday at the bridge my beautiful boy! You will always be loved and in our thoughts. We continue to share your stories. Really missing you today buddy...

Gentle hugs to you. Rest well, Ripken.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You answered his prayer-he crossed over as a beloved pet who will never ever be forgotten. May he continue to answer your prayers. Love as strong as you'all shared is forever.grouphug.gifflowers_white.gif

“For love is as strong as death….

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.”

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

heart.gifangelwings.gif

• 1 month later...

Montauk Windsor sounded like such a beautiful greyhound. We lost Montauk Nikky (Gus) a year ago in May. I always wondered how his brothers/sisters were doing. He had such a loving family. I'm sure they are running at the bridge together. We are thinking of you.