New Foster Has Sleep Agression And Bit Ava

Guest GriffinsMom

Guest GriffinsMom

I got a new foster, Dancer, on Thursday and apparently she has sleep aggression. All had been well until early this morning. Ava must have gotten up to get a drink and Dancer's bed is by the door. I woke up to some ferocious barking and Ava has four puncture wounds on her flank. The vet is open soon and I will be waiting at the door even thought I don't have an appointment.

All the dogs are looking for their breakfast. Should I feed Ava or wait until after she sees the vet? To me it looks like she is going to need several stitches but I do not belive the wounds are bad enough to require surgery. Although, what do I know as I am not a vet?

Do you think the vet will just staple? If so, there's no need not to feed them.

Even if it does require stitches, I would think a light sedation should be ok to use and feeding her still won't be a problem

I hope she'll be ok

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear this. Oakly has sleep/space aggression, and when I first adopted him, he got Curfew a few times. We KNOW him by now.

More than likely, it is OK to feed. They might just use a local shot to numb the area. Good Luck! Been there, done that, unfortunately!